Backyard BBQ vs. Hoop De

erinshaneb

Original Poster
We ARE (does that sound firm enough?? lol) new restaurants this year and I wanted to do a show...I figured with a 6 year old and an almost 3 year old the bbq or the hoop de would be a great idea..especially since we are staying at WLV...which one would you suggest?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Anyone who knows me knows what I'm going to recommend (I'm the biggest Hoop Dee Doo fan boy you'll ever meet...).

However, the Backyard BBQ has characters, and perhaps your 6 and 3 year old would enjoy that (and the dancing with said characters) more.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
While Hoop-de-Doo is a better 'show,' I would definitely recommend BBQ with little ones. Our DD is 8 now and still LOVES the BBQ - it is a 'must do' on every trip. For DW and I, the inclusion of alcohol in the price makes for a more relaxing evening. And as a musician (albeit, not a country fan) I really appreciate the quality and tightness of the band.

satchamo

We went to both. Nobody in my family really liked the Bar B Que. We were rushed to eat, the MC was kinda rude to the kids, and it was just not "Disney". The kids did enjoy the dancing and the lead woman singer was amazing. However, overall it was not something I would do again.

The Hoop was much better. Kids (8 and 4) both enjoyed the show. It was more relaxed and enjoyable for all.

ThinkTink721

We have done both & really enjoyed both too!...Here are my opinions of both:

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
-Outside under a pavillion (can get hot)
-Good variety of food
-Kids can dance with the characters

Hoop Dee Doo Revue
-Show is lots of fun
-Good food
-Kids will be entertained
-A WDW must-do at least once

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom