Backstage Magic Tour

Cyberacer

it's a really great tour. i've taken it twice and enjoyed it both times. you learn a lot about various aspects of the park and they also point out numerous things that you probably would not have noticed on your own. they also take you down into the utilidors which was the highlight of the tour for me. it's cool to see the "regular" side of the park. i highly recommend it.

random fact from the tour: the flags on top of the buildings on main street are actually lightning rods. the flags never have to be lowered or raised because they are not actual flags. each flag has something wrong with it i.e. missing a star or stripe.

random fact #2 from the tour: there is a "sight line" in the backstage areas of the park where the parades begin and end. performers have to begin performing once they cross the line and keep performing until they cross it again at the end of the parade. the line represents the last area where guests can still see performers.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
it's a really great tour. i've taken it twice and enjoyed it both times. you learn a lot about various aspects of the park and they also point out numerous things that you probably would not have noticed on your own. they also take you down into the utilidors which was the highlight of the tour for me. it's cool to see the "regular" side of the park. i highly recommend it.

random fact from the tour: the flags on top of the buildings on main street are actually lightning rods. the flags never have to be lowered or raised because they are not actual flags. each flag has something wrong with it i.e. missing a star or stripe.

random fact #2 from the tour: there is a "sight line" in the backstage areas of the park where the parades begin and end. performers have to begin performing once they cross the line and keep performing until they cross it again at the end of the parade. the line represents the last area where guests can still see performers.

Did you take Keys to the Kingdom or Backstage Magic where you see all 4 parks?

Cyberacer

Did you take Keys to the Kingdom or Backstage Magic where you see all 4 parks?

Oh sorry! I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I'm looking forward to taking the Backstage Magic tour this year. If it's anything like the Keys to the Kingdom tour it will be well worth the money.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Reading the reviews - it sounds like Backstage Magic is quite the tour!! I'm wondering though it it is worth the $400 for two people to go on it. It doesn't seem like you get to spend that much time at each park - 7 hours plus getting to and from and lunch, it seems like it is a bit more then an hour or so at each park. I'm hunting down reviews on Keys to the Kingdom - since this would be our first tour - maybe this would be more for what we are looking for?? hmmm...

PrincessAurora

Hi there! I took this tour August of '08. It was great! Nancy was my tour guide, she was fabulous. It never felt rushed, even though we saw a lot. The best parts for me were costuming (you go into the room you drive by on the Backlot Tour) and the laundry facilities..that was insane. Good luck deciding!

Eyekimore

I'm interested to hear about the other tours. My DH and I took our first tour 2 weeks ago. We did the Behind The Seeds tour. We loved it! It was so reasonable- we might consider doing it again. I think we're going to tour from cheapest to most expensive. I think train tour is next.

gbruenin

Reading the reviews - it sounds like Backstage Magic is quite the tour!! I'm wondering though it it is worth the $400 for two people to go on it. It doesn't seem like you get to spend that much time at each park - 7 hours plus getting to and from and lunch, it seems like it is a bit more then an hour or so at each park.

We took the tour in Sept during World Wide Weekend and thought it was well worth the time. True, you don't spend much time at all in the 'on stage' areas, but after all, it is the ' Backstage Magic' tour so you spend most of it behind the scenes. Lots of opportunity to ask questions and see the business end of the resort. It was fun to realize that just over the berm/wall/building everyone was unaware of what we were doing.
We treated it as our 'day admission', then spent the evening swimming at the hotel and doing low key activities. If you view it that way (a day admission and a great lunch) the tour works out to be pretty reasonable.

Gary

I went last March, and I found it very worthwhile. While many of the facts revealed were Disneyphile common knowledge, there were a lot of things that surprised me. As a word of advice, don't expect to go to the same places that previous tours went to, as they switch locations up depending on accessibility (i.e. I read that you would get to see the Docks behind Fantasmic...and, well, that didn't happen on my tour).

But you should definitely expect an amazing tour and a very knowledgeable guide.

Also, the tour only does MK, EPCOT, and DHS. AK is too large and has it's own tour. Believe me, after the full day of touring, you feel sated with the information provided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom