Backstage Magic Tour worth the money?

SpaceCowboy

As the title says, is the backstage magic tour worth the money? We did the KTTK on our last trip and had a great time, so now we want to try another one and Backstage Magic tour sounds like fun as well. I just want to see if anyone has done this tour and was it worth the money?

mattfusf

I did it last fall and had a blast.

It is significantly longer than KTTK, and at the time covered attractions in MK, Epcot, and DHS. We also visited the tree farm (kinda behind AK), as well as several of the service areas behind MK, including laundry and central shops (some REALLY cool stuff in central shops).

The tour is more "technical" than KTTK (which was sort of history based I thought). You ride around on a bus with the tour group between stops and there is a fair amount of walking.

If you have a day to spare and are interested in how they do things, I'd certainly recommend it.

--Matt

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would echo everything that Matt said. We stopped first at EP and enjoyed a thorough and facinating tour of the American Adventure before moving on to some of the backstage areas there. The rest of the tour was just as interesting and very enjoyable.

Upvote 0
We did the tour a number of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We would do it again in a heartbeat, if lunch was anywhere but Whispering Canyon Cafe. Nothing against WCC or the tour, as many people on here love the restaurant, it's just not for us anymore.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
As the title says, is the backstage magic tour worth the money? We did the KTTK on our last trip and had a great time, so now we want to try another one and Backstage Magic tour sounds like fun as well. I just want to see if anyone has done this tour and was it worth the money?

We have not been yet but this is next on our list as we loved KTTK and this is the next step up. I'd do it for sure!

Upvote 0

SpaceCowboy

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I think we will be doing this tour. I find it fascinating how Disney operates as a profitable business. That aspect is just as "magical" to me as the other kind of magic they create. I would love to work for Disney after I finish my B.S. in Economics.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Do it.... But use the Disney Visa for the 20% discount!! Saved over $100 for the three of us.
I think our tour was closer to 7 hours. Tour started at 9 AM and we had a reserved viewing
area for the parade at Animal Kingdom that started at 3:45 which concluded our tour. After
the parade and busing back to Epcot it was probably 7 1/2 hours. My family really enjoyed
the whole day, even our 16 year old.

Upvote 0

steamboated51

Backstage Magic tour

Despite the cost . I believe it is a must for Disney fanatics . It never gives an secrets away .It does give you alot of Info about the different parks . You meet other individuals and families . The 2 I have been on however only had adults. I can't remember if their was an age restriction and that was the reason for no children . On both occations I believe the adults had a blast . Their is not alot of walking . You have a bus that takes you around to all the parks . It goes by so fast you don't even realize you have been out for 7-7 1/2 hours . GO for It . :ROFLOL: :wave:

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Our tour went to the Costume Department at Hollywood Studios not Epcot. It was a favorite. Right as the Christmas season was beginning they were sewing holiday costumes:) They split us in to two groups of about 15, so about 30 sounds right.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom