Backlot Tour May Go Bye Bye

Spaced Out Dude

Original Poster
Maybe they could move the Backlot Tour to the area behind Animation, The Little Mermaid & One Mans Dream {thus removing Castrophey Canyon}. And all of the area where it is now can be new attractions. I don't think it would be that expensive to do that {- the new attractions}. :eek:

epcotlogo.gif

CrashNet

I think this is a great idea. I mean, half of the backlot tour was already demolished when they built Lights Motors Action. Thats a lot of space they could use for other things, especially out near the area of Catastrophe Canyon. All of those props could be spread out through the park, or put in areas accessible for guests to walk by and look at.

I hope this happens sometime in the future. The back half of MGM needs some TLC.

darthjohnny

I heard that they were originaly supposed to be a Chicago Street when they changed it to New York Street. I don't know what happened to that. I don't think they will get rid of the Backlot Tour. The tour is spread out on the road and it isn't like you could replace it with something. But there still is the Hollywood feeling with Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, the Animation studio (even though no one animates anymore :( ) and the Beauty and the Beast Broadway-style show. I'd also like to point out that even though Millionare is gone, and Midway Mania might be replacing that, it is still just a giant rumor floating around, unconfirmed by Disney.

I used to really enjoy the backlot tour, not only was it interesting, but it was also a great way to rest your feet for awhile:p . Now the only reason I go on the backlot tour is because it is there and it is something to do. I agree that it either needs some major rework or the area needs to be used for something better.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Both names actually give me the willies.

I picture Fair Midway, unwashed, toothless carnies barking, "HEY YOU, come win your girlfriend this teddy bear."

One of my hubbys college roommates had a lot of friends who could easily pass as carnies (seriously that is what we called them when they weren't around :p ). Maybe I should let them know that if they head down to Orlando they can get a job that doesn't involve packing up the fair and moving on to the next city.....one of them is about to get married soon so this could be a good option for him....settle down and start a family.:lol:

Epcot82Guy

Regardless of validity of the rumor, I would love to see the Backlot be reclaimed on foot. I think having a tracked-system for the Special Effects Tour where Catastrophe Canyon is followed by a large in-building show could be a nice way to maintain that area. Then have smaller exhibits that show how things work. I guess the area would be like a giant Epcot pavilion with interactive elements and several attractions.

AEfx

The backlot tour doesn't exist for me since the destruction of the "Golden Girls" facade, so as far as I am concerned the whole thing can be swallowed into the earth.

:)

AEfx

Scar Junior

The backlot tour doesn't exist for me since the destruction of the "Golden Girls" facade, so as far as I am concerned the whole thing can be swallowed into the earth.

:)

AEfx

You never know.... everytime I'm in Florida I hear of another sinkhole somewhere! Might we be so lucky?

EDIT: Oh and if someone DOES die in the Backlot Sinkhole... Disney can always claim that they died from an unkown pre-existing heart condition.

DisneyMusician2

I know this is revolutionary and expensive, but suppose they actually resumed using the Studios as an ACTUAL MOVIE STUDIO again. You think Disney makes enough movies to throw some down to the area and really give the people a thrill to see these things in action. Unreasonable, I know. But it would be an idea with a theme...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom