Backlot Tour Closing??!?!

tslrocks

Original Poster
I have been hearing more and more rumors of it closing! I think they should cut off the big queue and preshow!And make room for more rides in Pixar Place! Any other ideas?

brkgnews

Might as well... a one-minute drive-through of costuming does not make for a "back lot" tour. Back when it was more involved, yeah. Now, not so much.

mitchk

Yup, it's time for the back lot tour to go. Ever since they got rid of the old sets to make room for LMA it hasn't been worth the time. Does anyone remember when at the end of the tram ride they would let you into this big warehouse building that had all kinds of props from movies in it? (this was around 2001) I have a picture of me standing next to Kermit, and Fozzie in a hot air balloon from the Great Muppet Movie Caper.

bgraham34

This use to be my favorite attraction. I loved the whole process, especially the lottery film and behind the scenes of the making of the lottery.

coilback

Yup, it's time for the back lot tour to go. Ever since they got rid of the old sets to make room for LMA it hasn't been worth the time. Does anyone remember when at the end of the tram ride they would let you into this big warehouse building that had all kinds of props from movies in it? (this was around 2001) I have a picture of me standing next to Kermit, and Fozzie in a hot air balloon from the Great Muppet Movie Caper.

You still go through a prop room before you get on the tram

ROEFan88

I definitely don't think they should get rid of the Backlot Tour - to me, it's the last thing that earns the park the right to bear the 'Studios' name. Granted, the park hasn't really been a studio of any kind for many years, but I think the Backlot Tour deserves to be updated rather than disposed of altogether.

While I've never minded the fact that 'Catastrophe Canyon' has never really changed, I find it disgraceful that we're still watching Michael Bay bang on about 'Pearl Harbor' in the queue area - that film came out nearly 7 years ago!:brick:

I just wish they would overhaul the entire attraction - it has potential to be so much better. But I definitely don't want to see it go completely.

RNRguy

for this fact. after reading this abouyt closing, my family and i rode it last week while at the park. sad(but this was really my first time on it)

coilback

I definitely don't think they should get rid of the Backlot Tour - to me, it's the last thing that earns the park the right to bear the 'Studios' name. Granted, the park hasn't really been a studio of any kind for many years, but I think the Backlot Tour deserves to be updated rather than disposed of altogether.

While I've never minded the fact that 'Catastrophe Canyon' has never really changed, I find it disgraceful that we're still watching Michael Bay bang on about 'Pearl Harbor' in the queue area - that film came out nearly 7 years ago!:brick:

I just wish they would overhaul the entire attraction - it has potential to be so much better. But I definitely don't want to see it go completely.

I would have to agree that it needs work, especially agreeing with the Pearl Harbor thing. It is one of the few things that makes it still seem like a "studio," rather than just another gate. Problem is, it would need a LOT of work.

coilback

Really? Do they still have the Muppet props? I guess that shows how much attention I pay :hammer:

I didn't see the Balloon there, but last time I just sorta zipped though it. I've seen that they've changed the "featured" props here and there, so it might have been removed at some point for something else.

ToTBellHop

with as massive of a plot this ride takes up in a land-limited park, it's really time for it to leave. They could replace it with a number of new attractions...Catastrophe Canyon alone is big enough for an E-ticket to fit...and suffice it to say, the backlot tour is no longer an E-Ticket...I loved it back in the early '90s. Now it just serves as a means to transport you the rather long distance b/t the outdated preshow and a 1989 special effect.

RNRguy

is the rumor still true about the indy ride going there?.. or something else

if so wouldnt it make scence to put the indy ride next to the show are am i confused?

mitchk

I think your confused. I've never heard of the Indy ride from DL going there. Actually I don't think we'll ever see a clone of DL's Indy ride in any Florida Disney park

coilback

I think your confused. I've never heard of the Indy ride from DL going there. Actually I don't think we'll ever see a clone of DL's Indy ride in any Florida Disney park

Yeah, Indy is a little too close in ride concept to Dinosaur.

They only seem to really repeat themselves when it's elevated and spinning in a circle

Epcot82Guy

I agree that it is the last element of the Studios concept that is really in tact, but it is sad. I think the Canyon is still a cool effect. But, the majority of the tour could easily be done as a walking area. I personally would love to see the majority of the area claimed for future attractions and a small "Backlot" remaining around the Canyon with a consolidated area of the props, maybe the view into the costume shop, etc. (all on foot), a revamped special effects tour (walking or seated, perhaps) and one or two studio/production-related attractions. Then leave the majority of the area for new development.

DABIGCHEEZ

I have been hearing more and more rumors of it closing! I think they should cut off the big queue and preshow!And make room for more rides in Pixar Place! Any other ideas?

Getting rid of the Backlot Tour........ finally they are making progress!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom