Background music loops and past parades

CThaddeus

Original Poster
To all who come to this happy post, welcome. To all who can offer assistance, my gratitude. I've asked this question on other sites, but I don't seem to get very far. I'm looking for the the titles/composers for the music loops in the Indiana Jones area (Indy is one, "The Magnificent Seven is another), the Pluto Avenue area ("The Pink Panther" is one), the area around Rock n' Rollercoaster (not the awful Aerosmith music. One of the songs is "Big Girls Don't Cry"), and the Animation courtyard area of Disney-MGM Studios. Anyone have any info on these? Similarly, I'd like to know the music in all the EPCOT World Showcase Pavillions and their composers. There is a website supposedly dedicated to this, but it neglects to mention composers and I've been told certain songs are played that don't appear in that website's listings.
While I'm begging for information, if anyone can tell me all of the parades that have been done at Disney-MGM since day one (I know Mulan, Toy Story, and Stars in Motorcars...and perhaps Hercules). Thank you!

xfkirsten

You're probably thinking of my site... some loops list composers and others don't. I actually am adding in a lot of composer names to a lot of loops in the next update, for the ones I have. As for songs missing, some loops have changed over time, and I haven't caught all of those changes yet. For most of the EPCOT loops, the song titles are all taken directly off of lists given out by guest relations. Which loops was it that you thought had missing tracks?

As for parades, I think the only one you're missing in that list is Aladdin's Royal Caravan.

-Kirsten

CThaddeus

Original Poster
Sorry for the late response, and thank you for yours. Perhaps I was just given bad information, but here's a few that were mentioned for Italy: "Marcha Triunfal de Aida" and "Rondo Veneziano." Norway had their national anthem and "In the Hall of the Mountain King." Maybe these were tracks played when EPCOT first opened? In any case, if you should find out the composers of the works in your lists, please let me know. My Ultimate EPCOT CD collection is incomplete without them! Ditto for the Disney-MGM ones. Speaking of which, are you sure there haven't been more parades there? I seem to recall something about a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" parade, too. Since the parades I mentioned were all from 90s movies, there must be more going back to the opening in 1989. Call me psychotic, but I'd like to include as many parades as possible in this Ultimate CD, too. Again, thank you for all your help so far!

xfkirsten

Originally posted by CThaddeus
Sorry for the late response, and thank you for yours. Perhaps I was just given bad information, but here's a few that were mentioned for Italy: "Marcha Triunfal de Aida" and "Rondo Veneziano." Norway had their national anthem and "In the Hall of the Mountain King." Maybe these were tracks played when EPCOT first opened? In any case, if you should find out the composers of the works in your lists, please let me know. My Ultimate EPCOT CD collection is incomplete without them! Ditto for the Disney-MGM ones. Speaking of which, are you sure there haven't been more parades there? I seem to recall something about a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" parade, too. Since the parades I mentioned were all from 90s movies, there must be more going back to the opening in 1989. Call me psychotic, but I'd like to include as many parades as possible in this Ultimate CD, too. Again, thank you for all your help so far!

Just checked the song lists, and none of those tracks appear in the listing from Guest Relations (circa October 2000). I added the composers that I had yesterday, although many World Showcase loops do not have comoposers listed. As it says at the end of the lists: "Most of the area music for World Showcase was recorded from tapes sent to Walt Disney Imagineering, and the musical pieces were not titled on the tapes." That might be grounds for confusion on title names.

And yes, there was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, too, but I don't believe it was a parade. :)

-Kirsten

David

And if I can add to the wish list, does anybody know where I can get the "Remember the Magic" parade music from 1997?

Thanks

Many of the music loops can be found on IRC on server Newnet and chatroom #disney-central. I've gotten tons of backround loops, videos, and parades from there. It's an excellent resource for the disney enthusiast. Hope this helps.

-Jim

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
PolarJim - welcome to the boards!

David - several versions of it are on Disney Central as PolarJim said, and also the Japanese import CD: `Disneyland/Walt Disney World Music Vacation.`

DisneyBob

OK, I connected to Disney Central through IRC, but cannot accss disney music.. Please help. How can I access disney music to download?

vonpluto

Here's what I have on the parades at the Studios:

Gala Premiere Parade “Parade of the Stars”
Hollywood Motorcade ? - ?
Dinosaurs Live 9/91 - 8/92
Macys New York Christmas 1992 - 93 (not really a parade,Macy-like parade balloons were featured over New York Street)
Aladdins Royal Caravan 12/92 - 8/95
Toy Story Parade 8/95? - 6/97
Hercules Zero to Hero Victory Parade 6/97 - 6/98
Mulan 6/98 - 3/01
Disney Stars and Motor Cars 10/01 -

HTH,
Frank

xfkirsten

I don't know how much luck you'll have at #Disney-Central at the moment, as many of the servers have shut down.

On a side note, last night I discovered an mp3 labelled "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade - Aladdin" and found that is is also the loop for Aladdin's Royal Caravan! I'm not sure if it's just a mis-named file, or if the same track was actually used in both parades.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom