Back When It Was MGM

Cmdr_Crimson

The Park that Screams The Late 80's Early 90's.....Love It..
tumblr_lqkhx0jOoY1qla11zo1_1280.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?:confused:
The turtles were there just at the height of their Popularity..The danced to the theme song While April O'neal sang and then it was a M&G afterwards..Similar to when the Power Rangers were there a few years ago..I would have like to have known a little more about this agreement from Disney with Eastman & Laird and what their plans were with them. As you hear in the show that they were part of the Disney Family...But, all we know is this little stage show and that was it..Time Warner retained the rights to the Turtle Films up until Paramount bought the characters..And if you have seen the new version of the Michael Bay Turtles........Oh dear lord...*facepalm*

The Magical Genie 123

The turtles were there just at the height of their Popularity..The danced to the theme song While April O'neal sang and then it was a M&G afterwards..Similar to when the Power Rangers were there a few years ago..I would have like to have known a little more about this agreement from Disney with Eastman & Laird and what their plans were with them. As you hear in the show that they were part of the Disney Family...But, all we know is this little stage show and that was it..Time Warner retained the rights to the Turtle Films up until Paramount bought the characters..And if you have seen the new version of the Michael Bay Turtles........Oh dear lord...*facepalm*

Thanks for the info!;)

Mrs.Toad

I still miss that little extra old hollywood oomph the old MGM name gave. Gable, Powell, Loy, Harlow, Crawford, etc, were all at Metro at is height.

I have never been out West to DCA, but I always wondered after the opening debacle and massive refurb, why they never just made it the WestCoast DHS to begin with?

Some would say why do an old Hollywood style park right where it all began due to redundancy, but then again, there is a lot of old restaurants, theaters, studio sets, places connected to that era, etc. and you would think there would be more left or rather more left in tact, but there are some heavy hitters that are no more. What they could have done with a park, whether DCA or our very own DHS that needs a boost, I think the possibilities are endless.

Mrs.Toad

I wish I could have went when there were more old Hollywood personalities walking around. I really enjoy the Main Street USA folks at MK.

Yeah. I wish that hadn't stopped. I think they even had two ladies dress and act like Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons. I remember seeing pictures in an ad for MGM. One had the super large hat and a notebook and pencil. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom