Back Pack Question

dmatt87

I can't remember the rules for backpacks from our last visit in 2011. We had a small backpack during our trip and seemed to bring it everywhere and on every ride.

This time we are coming with DS and we know we will need to bring more stuff with us. We have a bigger backpack but we aren't sure if we will be able to bring it everywhere in the park, including rides.

Can someone, with a knowledgable heart, help me?

drizgirl

That wasn't the plan ;)

But is there a pocket or a space on the rides or do I keep it on my back or do I slide it under the seat.

There's usually not space under the seat, but you can put it on the floor by your feet and slip a foot through the strap to secure it. I haven't had any trouble at all with my full size backpack.

The only ride I can think of that allows you to keep it on your back is the Carousel.

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
There's usually not space under the seat, but you can put it on the floor by your feet and slip a foot through the strap to secure it. I haven't had any trouble at all with my full size backpack.

The only ride I can think of that allows you to keep it on your back is the Carousel.
Thanks - I was worried that I had to leave it unattended.

The worry is gone :D

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Please just remember the other guests, I get so tired of being whacked with a huger backpack or those water packs that are so big every time the wearer moves or turn in line someone gets hit with it, and also when sitting on the bus and the huge backpack wearer is standing and every time they move the people sitting get hit with the stupid thing.

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
Please just remember the other guests, I get so tired of being whacked with a huger backpack or those water packs that are so big every time the wearer moves or turn in line someone gets hit with it, and also when sitting on the bus and the huge backpack wearer is standing and every time they move the people sitting get hit with the stupid thing.
Don't worry it was also one of my concern. The other was a nice compact size but there was no way we could fit all our stuff, however this new bag is of moderate size and will not be completely filled.

I also hate getting hit by a rogue backpack!

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Don't worry it was also one of my concern. The other was a nice compact size but there was no way we could fit all our stuff, however this new bag is of moderate size and will not be completely filled.

I also hate getting hit by a rogue backpack!
My daughter ended up with a huge nasty bruise because a bus driver had to break suddenly and one of those huge water packs nailed her. lol

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

My DH takes a (lightweight and squishy, but full-sized) backpack as his park bag (which inevitably gets him selected for additional screening at bag check :rolleyes:) and has never had an issue taking it on any attraction. If there's nowhere to put it, he sets it on the floor, threads his foot through the straps so it can't fly around, and is good to go.

A word to the wise: there's nothing heavier to lug around than huge amounts of liquid, and I, too, have fallen victim to getting whacked by people with oversized backpacks filled with bottled libations. (In my observation, they turn abruptly whenever they see something shiny, which is often, and WHAM!... woe to their neighbor.) If you can, forego the bottled stuff, and ask for iced water (free on request at CS locations, no purchase necessary) when you're thirsty. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

The best way to handle a not ridiculously, full back pack on rides -with tight storage pouches, think SM, SpM, RnRC, EE, is to place on floor, hook a strap onto each leg/ankle, and place feet firmly against ride bottom, unless you move your feet, it is not going anywhere. :) We have done it many times, Soarin' has a huge storage underneath, unless the backpack is packed, you are fine. ;)

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
The best way to handle a not ridiculously, full back pack on rides -with tight storage pouches, think SM, SpM, RnRC, EE, is to place on floor, hook a strap onto each leg/ankle, and place feet firmly against ride bottom, unless you move your feet, it is not going anywhere. :) We have done it many times, Soarin' has a huge storage underneath, unless the backpack is packed, you are fine. ;)
That's good to know and a burden off my shoulder, figuratively speaking of course ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom