Back from Disney and i have sooo much stuff to say!!

hey im back from disney world now, and the trip was really great especially since it rained the whole time and cleared out most of the park, first of all, on thursday some guy tried bringing a knife into magic kingdom and got caught by one of disney's secret cops. Also i rode haunted mansion 3 times, and they never changed there words. Also big thunder mountain's so called steam effect was not working but other than that it looked great and sounded great. splash mountain was having some problems the whole time i was down there. i also finally got to see the talking trash can and i saw the guy who does the voice its soo cool. magic kingdom was crowded a lot tho. epcot's spaceship earth look great, and it was halarious but test track needs a major refurb, lots of stuff wrong with that ride. I also got to see the bee gees and eagles tribute band at epcot. at mgm star tours had no wait and i was very suprised considering it was star wars weekend and rock n roller coaster had some problems and toy story mania was awesome but def. not worth the wait, i waited 2 hours for it, and while i was in line mr. potato head was doing a trick were he pulls out his ear and sticks it back in, well he did it twice and than the next time as he was putting it back in, he missed the whole and the ear fell on the ground, than the cast memebers had to come out and put it back on. finally animal kingdom where i have confirmed rumors, i think... yak and yetti was very expensive, and if anybody didn't know what the a modes and b modes where than listen up, cause i didn't know untill the cast member told me, anyways everst was running in b mode my whole trip and i rode it 16 times, but the reason why it goes in b mode is if something is messed up with the yetti like something not working than that is why it goes into that mode, nothing was really working at all on that ride. on thursday we went to animal kingdom and than got stuck at everest for 4 hours because of a storm, so i started talking to one of the cast members to see if he knew anything, and first i asked him about space mountain refurb, and he said, a couple of weeks ago they took one of the space trains off and inserted speakers and rain it on the track and than took the speakers out and threw away the train, he also said that disney wants it to be like the one in disneyland and they may just gut the whole ride and make it into something very different, also bout the new park rumor, he said that disney has it in mind but they dont know if they want to build it soon, and now onto beasty kingdom, he said either they are going to build it here soon or they are going to get rid of the dragon on animal kingdom's sign or symbol whatever it is, also i asked him bout the old chairlifts in magic kingdom and they are gone bc the custodian was cleaning it and some how got the ride started and fell off, but he was holding onto it as long as possible and he was trying to fall into a tree but missed the tree and died and they still have that chairlift in either the fantasyland building or the tomorrowland building, i cant remember what he said but its all wrapped in tape and only cast members and see it, and also disney is looking at building that one monorail thing that carries like one person and they are thinking bout building that to all the disney resorts and parks, if i have missed something and i remember it i will post it, but ill post my disney video later on and picture later on, bye:wave:

Disneykidder

Interesting info. I hope more rides work properly when I am there in August. I don't mind a cool rain or two but 4 hours...no thanks.

Maybe because I am double your age but your post was tough on my eyes, too. You forgot to mention the all important, most commonly used but needed period. They are meant to be at the end of a sentence to give people a pause, a break if you will.

Glad you had a fun trip.:)

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Glad you had a good time. Personally I would not mind the rain at all as long as I am not at a water park or Animal Kingdom. Take a moment to realize that almost every attraction is indoors. Go ahead and run away everybody, I will be riding all of my favorite rides with no lines. :wave:

Kelsybelle

toy story mania was awesome but def. not worth the wait, i waited 2 hours for it, and while i was in line mr. potato head was doing a trick were he pulls out his ear and sticks it back in, well he did it twice and than the next time as he was putting it back in, he missed the whole and the ear fell on the ground, than the cast memebers had to come out and put it back on.

That is so funny! Guess it's going to be a while for all the kinks to get worked out! What were the fastpass times like?

Thanks for taking the time for writing a trip report. I've been back from WDW for 2 months now and I miss it sooo much!

I really didn't mind how you typed your trip report! I read the whole thing once and I'm happy to say that I only went slightly crossed eyed!
(Just kidding!)

tirian

i dont remember what i ate there lol, but i do remember it was good, but i give it 4 stars, if it was less expensive i would give it a better rate

Four Stars?!

I'd barely give it two! Overpriced, bland food that barely tastes remotely Asian. :hurl:

Glad to see you had a good time, though. And Space Mtn. will be completely redone.

Imagineer Mitch

Original Poster
im also surprised that no one has said anything bout the haunted mansion part, oh yeah the cast member told me that they brought a imagineer to walt disney world to train the cast members to say different stuff but they are still saying the same old things

Sherrybaby

I'm really glad you had a sort of ok time. I think planning is the key here. When there is a new ride you have to be at the park at opening and run to the ride. One person gets a fastpass to do it again later while the first person gets in line. Then you get two rides one right after the other or pretty close.

Yak and Yeti was no good. The food was "ok" but the service was HORRIBLE. It was bad from the time we checked in until we left. We were on the dining plan so price was not a factor and truthfully I don't even remember if it was high priced or not. The ambiance was that of a fast food joint. The waiter only knew how to say (3 times) "dining plan do not include tip". He never said another word to us the entire time. I do not suggest this place at all.

Oh and guess what? My dining plan certainly did not include a monetary tip. But I did write him a note "tip" about the horrible service if he could read English.

Sherry

My family and I are planning to go straight to TSM when DHS opens. We're going in August. Do you think that the line at that point will be terribly long?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom