Baby Groot's House of Fun! (Formerly - Haunted Mansion needs to go)

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
He’s keeping the ghosts

He's evicting the ghosts. Baby Groot's House of Fun will not be haunted by spirits, but by all the lovable Marvel characters :)

It’s ok. It’s not the best picture. The pond between Adventureland and Frontierland is walled off.

Thanks! I had a hunch. I refuse to believe they're getting rid of it but secretly I don't find it all that unbelievable :facepalm:

mickEblu

He's evicting the ghosts. Baby Groot's House of Fun will not be haunted by spirits, but by all the lovable Marvel characters :)

Thanks! I had a hunch. I refuse to believe they're getting rid of it but secretly I don't find it all that unbelievable :facepalm:

I don’t think they re getting rid of it entirley but the fact that it’s behind walls is cause for concern.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It’s ok. It’s not the best picture. The pond between Adventureland and Frontierland is walled off.
can you post a pic of what the pond looks like normally? I am having a hard time visualizing the area you are talking about and the walls in that pic do not help clarifiy it.

mickEblu

can you post a pic of what the pond looks like normally? I am having a hard time visualizing the area you are talking about and the walls in that pic do not help clarifiy it.

@Curious Constance

B2E6FC80-7D87-4D6B-8578-09412DF2E364.jpeg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

@Curious Constance

View attachment 312637[/QUOTE
oooh ok. thank you. man they better not get rid of it. I loved this little area while walking into frontierland. touches like this is what makes the park sooo beautiful. to take it out for a bigger walkway would be a real shame and loss to the art of the park and charm of Disneyalnd. spots like these are what give Disneyland the timeless feel it has. I am already upset they removed the planters in front of Haunted Mansion for what amounts to not that much difference in space in the long run.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Thanks

I don’t believed theyre taking it out, but probably making it smaller in some way. ☹️
I hope not. Disneyland never feels like a theme park to me. DCA does, Magic Mountain does, Knott's Berry Farm does. but not Disneyland. Every time I enter the gates I fully feel like I walked into another world cut off from the problems and drama of real life. No planes fly overhead. As soon as I hit main street I am full immersed in the park. to me it is unique in the theme park industry because it made the theme park industry what it is today. Disneyland feels like a living and breathing living entity that is cut off from the rest of the world. almost as if it is in a time warp. sure it has some asthetic changes over the years but it never feels like I am at a theme park and that is in part due to little spaces like that pond by Frontierland and other things that add to the charm. Every time I enter it is like seeing a old friend and it is like we have never been apart even though it may have been years between visits. Walt's presence is felt throughout. you see in NEW ORLEANS SQUARE the art design and care that went into it. it is a work of pure art and needs to be preserved. that's all I have to say about that.

Last edited:

CraftyFox

It would definitely be a shame if they removed or made the pond smaller. It acted as a thematic "bridge" from the Hub/Main Street Park to the individual lands. Water, in some way, ties together and impacts every single land in an organic, dynamic, and kinetic way. (Rivers of America, Jungle Cruise, Nemo Lagoon, NOS Fountains, Castle Moat, etc...)

Phroobar

What's more confusing- why would they bastardize the Frontierland entrance before fixing the horrific Tomorrowland entrance?

Makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. They need Frontierland's entrance widened because people will be going that way to SWL. No one is going to SWL via Tomorrowland until they are from Portland. ;)

mickEblu

It would definitely be a shame if they removed or made the pond smaller. It acted as a thematic "bridge" from the Hub/Main Street Park to the individual lands. Water, in some way, ties together and impacts every single land in an organic, dynamic, and kinetic way. (Rivers of America, Jungle Cruise, Nemo Lagoon, NOS Fountains, Castle Moat, etc...)

I wonder if they really done with the NOS changes. I was under the impression they were going to remove all the elevated Fantasmic viewing areas and planters between POTC and Mansion. Hope they re done.

mickEblu

Being that they re doing all this path widening, it’s really odd to me that they made such a small pinch point when they re- constructed the Big Thunder Trail last year. That path that runs along with those alien-ish looking wave rocks gets pretty narrow.

Curious Constance

From MiceChat Update:

"But it’s the construction scrims erected to obscure the lagoons on either side of the Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasy Faire Village all the way to the western portal of the castle which are the big news this week. The lagoons are being drained and work will soon be underway to expand walkways and shrink waterways and gardens. This is just one of many projects you’ll see in today’s update which are a direct result of expected crowds next year. Gardens, obstructions and seating are being removed throughout the park to make room for more guests when Star Wars land opens. "

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

From MiceChat Update:

"But it’s the construction scrims erected to obscure the lagoons on either side of the Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasy Faire Village all the way to the western portal of the castle which are the big news this week. The lagoons are being drained and work will soon be underway to expand walkways and shrink waterways and gardens. This is just one of many projects you’ll see in today’s update which are a direct result of expected crowds next year. Gardens, obstructions and seating are being removed throughout the park to make room for more guests when Star Wars land opens. "
So this is how Disneyland dies, with thunderous applause.

Curious Constance

"Expect to see more shady areas with benches also to disappear. The path on the west side of Sleeping Beauty Castle (from Fantasyland to the Princess Fantasy Faire) on the moat side has been covered by a green screen. I suspect those big old trees will be ripped out, and the path widened. On the east side, just past Snow White’s Wishing Well, an old big tree was cut down and replaced with newer, smaller trees. "

1536881064847.png

mickEblu

"Expect to see more shady areas with benches also to disappear. The path on the west side of Sleeping Beauty Castle (from Fantasyland to the Princess Fantasy Faire) on the moat side has been covered by a green screen. I suspect those big old trees will be ripped out, and the path widened. On the east side, just past Snow White’s Wishing Well, an old big tree was cut down and replaced with newer, smaller trees. "

View attachment 313139

LOL. I think that needs to be an official meme of anything we don’t liek at DLR going here on out. Even though I’m not to happy about my forearm in that pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom