baby gators from Living with the Land

Bairstow

Guess there's room for only one of these guys.

090296_Blizzard_Beach.jpg

Seabasealpha1

WELL...

They get up to certain size...then suddenly disappear...

and then I drive to Cocoa Beach to the pier where they serve them to me as breaded nuggets with this really mean sauce...

Tastes like chicken!
hqdefault.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic...it's the only one I could find online!

FettFan

Hey every one I had a question some one might be able to answer. Every year I go and ride this ride ( living with the land) and they always have baby alligators. My question is what do they do with them when they get big? I have never seen the same set more than 2 times so thats over 300 alligators. Where do they go?

MulatesFriedAlligator.jpg

Figments Friend

I tried gator when i lived in FL in the early 80s.

There used to be this shopping and dining mecca in the parking lot of Sea World back then, called 'Florida Festival'.
Locals probably remember the huge, pointed 'tents' the Festival was located under...it became their trademark of sorts.

Well, there was this sit down family restaurant called 'Al E. Gators'..and the big draw was it being a place where you could 'taste gator'.

I tried it...along with frogs legs...and both were good. I was i think all of 12 at the time.
I still have the metal pinback button the restaurant gave me after the meal that proclaimed me a 'Official Gator Taster' !

James122

They retire them to River Country where they feed on snooping guests

You''ve got it a little wrong there. They're actually taken to Discovery Island where they police the island and its surrounding waters, chomping down on any trespassers. :)

JerseyDad

....if the "supreme being" ...."creator" ....."all high mystic exulted ruler" ...didn't want us to eat meat ...he'd / she'd not have made it so tasty.

....then of course I try to explain that to my 17 yr old vegetarian daughter ....as she chomps on fried tofu cubes and a black-bean burger ...and she gives me the evil veggie eye.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom