Baby Elephant

Elaine

Original Poster
I have heard that the first baby elephant born at DAK did not make it. Very devistating for me to read. Does anyone know how the second baby is doing? I heard that it was born about a month agao and never heard anything more about it. Does anyone have any news about this. I just read the clip about the giraffe that was lost to lightning. This also saddens me greatly. I am confident that Disney does everything that they can do to keep all of their animals safe. I'm hoping that someone has some good news about the baby elephant.

careship

We just saw the baby "lil red" the real one last week running around the safari with his momma. I don't know how he couldn't have made it...he was there...up close and personal.

careship

We saw him first thing in the morning. He is so cute. I was amazed at how small he looks compared to the adult elephants. He is cute and was playful when we were going through the safari. Hope you get to see him too.

CTXRover

Originally posted by careship
We saw him first thing in the morning. He is so cute. I was amazed at how small he looks compared to the adult elephants. He is cute and was playful when we were going through the safari. Hope you get to see him too.

That is fantastic news! I was just thinking about this a week or so ago and was wondering how the little one was doing. I'm thrilled to hear he is doing so great that he is out in the Safari now. I'll be at Disney in 3 days and can't wait to see him!

wsapooh

So happy to hear that the baby elephant is doing well.

Anyone know if the birth of the baby elephant got as much press as the death of the giraffe? Sadly, it seems that the bad news travels faster and has a longer reach than the good news. Especially where Disney is concerned.

Elaine

Original Poster
There were 2 pregnant female elephants...their names escape me. We did the Backstage Safari tour last year and we saw the baby elephant compound that they were working on complete with a swimming pool. The guide told us that the babies would come about a month apart and that behavior training was starting with the herd because none of them have ever been around babies. Then I got the news that the first baby died in the birth canal. About a month or so later I heard that the second one was born and doing well. I am elated to hear this news!!! I can't wait to see "Little Red" .... the real one as well as the one in the back of the truck. We're going to do the tour again to get the details. If you enjoy tours this one as well as Wild By Design are excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom