B-Bye Wonders of Life

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
According to Screamscape -

Screamscape has heard that the next big project for Epcot may be the demolition of the Wonders of Life pavilion to make way for a new attraction. Nothing is finalized yet however it seems, so they don’t know if the building can be reused for the new attraction or if they will need to just raze it and start over from scratch as they did with Mission: Space.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I would put some faith in this one...

just a feeling. And the fact that the Wonders of Life name has been removed from the park maps. Just like Horizons in the late 90's

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
mkt said:

just a feeling. And the fact that the Wonders of Life name has been removed from the park maps. Just like Horizons in the late 90's

I agree that Screamscape may not always be the most reliable source...this rumor seems to have some legs and makes sense.

wannab@dis

Doesn't take a lot of "faith" to see the writing on the wall. The pavilion has needed help for a long time... doesn't see the guest flow that it needs, sorely needed new attractions, and is basically boring to many people. All of this added to the removal of the food court and then seasonal openings and it's pretty obvious that something needs to be done.

Yeah, that's not a hard call to make.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
mkt said:

well, that is kind of what i meant by saying vague (there is only 2 fates, demolishion and rehab to something new or current)

im not trying to slam screamscape, but arent they a little late to the Prom on this one.

wannab@dis

jmaxwell007 said:
well, that is kind of what i meant by saying vague (there is only 2 fates, demolishion and rehab to something new or current)

im not trying to slam screamscape, but arent they a little late to the Prom on this one.
yeah, same for the Living seas rumor :lol:

looks like they have been looking to WDWMagic for their info lately.

EpcotMark

Bear in mind the main reason for Wonders closure: ATTENDANCE, ATTENDANCE, ATTENDANCE. This is why its only open during BUSY times. This is also why Future World mostly closes at 7pm now instead of 9pm and also why Pasta Piaza shut down a few years ago. Its all about attendance. Whether a new attraction will be going in depends on whether Corporate Alliances is finally doing their job or not.

GymLeaderPhil

obvious.gif

Honestly... if Screamscape was a person he'd be the unshaven man with a sandwich board proclaiming the end of the world.

KumbaRider

These are just rumors......rumors that have been floating around for a WHILE. Just becasue it's finally typed officially on screamscape doesn't give it any more truth. It would make sense though, depending on attendance.

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
Personally....I would hope that this means that Disney is finally considering spending some money on this pavilion. It's been long neglected and maybe if it had gotten rehab or a redo years ago, it would be open now.

joel_maxwell

yep, the design and feel of the inside feels like you are stuck in an 80's Richard Simon's excerise video.............. it is simply tragic

joel_maxwell

Burgstressera said:
richard-simmons-sirius-satellite-radio.jpg

Come on everyone - let me see those spirit fingers...
thanks for the visual

see, his shirt resembles the geometric shapes on the walls. i also agree, i wish that CC could be saved. it wasnt Richard esk'

wedway71

OK, Im gonna get some flack for this one but IM GLAD. I did like the pavillion but its been sitting there for soooo long with weak attendance so Disney is doing right by doing something new.Not sure what it will be but rather than have a building with straglers coming to see a couple of so-so attractions based there lets get some fresh new theming and attractions.

Hey maybe they'll bring Horizons back there:lol:

CaptainMichael

wedway71 said:
OK, Im gonna get some flack for this one but IM GLAD. I did like the pavillion but its been sitting there for soooo long with weak attendance so Disney is doing right by doing something new.Not sure what it will be but rather than have a building with straglers coming to see a couple of so-so attractions based there lets get some fresh new theming and attractions.

Hey maybe they'll bring Horizons back there:lol:
I think you'll find that the majority here agrees with you. There may be a few who will disagree, but they refuse to see logic.

P.S. I voted for Pedro because he's got my back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom