Ayone else juggling a bag and dslr?

Shelleyx4

I have a canon 3ti which i want to take into arks to capture those special things, but also taking a point and shoot. I am wondering has anyone else wondered how they are going to juggle a day bag and a dslr in the parks, riding rides and not leaving unattended in a stroller? I dont have an infant to pack for for the day, but planning on taking a crossbody with daily necessities and my dslr and hopefully won't feel like a pack mule and able to ride rides without having to unload everytime and leave camera unattended. Ayone else wonder this or do this?

jrab0616

I usually carry a small camera bag (big enough to store camera and maybe another lens) and DH carries a backpack with things we might need (phone chargers, water bottles, snacks, possible extra batteries for the camera, etc).

Upvote 0

Shelleyx4

Original Poster
I usually carry a small camera bag (big enough to store camera and maybe another lens) and DH carries a backpack with things we might need (phone chargers, water bottles, snacks, possible extra batteries for the camera, etc).

My plan is a soft sided cooler that will stay in stroller, small to med size crossbody and a small crossbody dslr case that just holds camera with smaller lens. I am taking my bigger camera case with all cords and bigger lens, but not into parks. But some times may just take point and shoot in my pocket. I may have hubby carry all cards, kttw, crd card, etc so i can leave the regular bag in stroller when riding rides and shows. No one will want my sunscreen and zip lock bags. Ha

Upvote 0

draybook

We use a backpack to store our extra equipment, along with our ponchos and other stuff. I'm thinking of picking up a new camera backpack though.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I have a new camera backpack that I am taking with me in a few weeks that holds my Nikon d3100, an additional lens, filters and all the equipment I need with it. It's a cross body backpack and I can just take it off and put it at my feet on the rides and sling it back on afterwards. It also comes with a little "poncho" that comes out of a small compartment if it start to rain. Seems to hold everything I need for the day (debit card, hotel key, anual pass, cell phone..)

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I have stopped taking my dSLR on any vacation since I no longer want to lug it around when I can get the same, if not better shots with my RX100 -- I hate to say it but "those special shots" at WDW will look better with your P&S than they will with your dSLR, especially if you have any kids in your group. I've posted photos elsewhere without the dSLR. You (and your shoulder and back) will thank you for leaving the camera bag at home.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Up until our last trip I had a simple little digital camera that I just used to tie to my belts, no problem! Then last year I brought a DSLR and I hated having to think about carrying it, it ended up that I had the backpack and my OH had to carry a smaller bag for the camera, he wasn't happy at having to carry a 'man bag'!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have a canon 3ti which i want to take into arks to capture those special things, but also taking a point and shoot. I am wondering has anyone else wondered how they are going to juggle a day bag and a dslr in the parks, riding rides and not leaving unattended in a stroller? I dont have an infant to pack for for the day, but planning on taking a crossbody with daily necessities and my dslr and hopefully won't feel like a pack mule and able to ride rides without having to unload everytime and leave camera unattended. Ayone else wonder this or do this?

I do. Its kind of a pain and I haven't figured out a great solution yet. I have the Mickey Camera Bag and i love carrying it. Its the extra bag with ponchos and everything that is a pain. Since my DH doesnt' like to carry anything. I juggle it fine on rides and everything. It all fits and works. Never an issue. Just kind of a pain. I feel like a pack mule sometimes too.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I use a crumpler messager bag with a camera insert. The insert was purposely for the next size down, so I still have enough room in the bag for coats, snacks, waters, etc. Goes with me on all rides, the only one it has had problems with was Space Mountain, makes for a tight fit in the leg area.

Upvote 0

SyracuseDisneyFan

I have a Vera Bradley camera case that I use for my digital camera and extra batteries. I bring along a backpack and place the case in there when I'm not using my camera. I also put in my backpack Tylenol and Advil for whenever I experience a sinus headache, band-aids, etc. I also have a Vera Bradley wristlet that I use for my money, debit and credit cards, my ID, my iPhone and Disney Gift Cards.

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

I have Canon t4i and i will be carrying a point and shoot and a bag as well. i Usuaally use a sling backpack, but for this trip this time it won't have enough space to carry for me and my other half :) So I bought a Walt Disney World tote kinda bag from the Disney Store that has a enough squishy space to keep my DSLR safe if I store it in there and for the essentials and the point and shoot. Don't mind carrying that around all day. And I'm leaving the tripod at home this time. And itt will be small enough to go on all the rides. below my feet. Might not be able to put my hands up on Space Mountain but should be alright :)

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

When I take my Canon in the parks which is almost all the time I have a camera bag that is just big enough to hold the camera with my 18-135mm lens and it fits perfectly in the bottom of my black WDW back pack. If I feel like I'm going to need a zoom lens I put it in a separate bag that fits in the back pack but I found that I don't usually need the zoom with my every day lens that goes out to 135mm. I like being able to have everything fit into one bag, easier to keep track of one bag instead of multiple bags. This is the WDW Mickey & friends back pack that you see all over the parks and I have never have a problem getting on any rides.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom