Awful new layout. Why change a familiar thing?

PolynesianPrincess

Of course it will take awhile to get used to. Anything new does. Did you know every feature of the old layout when you first started using it? Probably not. I think it looks great!! Thank you and keep up the good work Steve!! :)

The Mom

Premium Member
Of course it will take awhile to get used to. Anything new does. Did you know every feature of the old layout when you first started using it? Probably not. I think it looks great!! Thank you and keep up the good work Steve!! :)

There are a few posters who were around for the last forum change, and I recall there being several complaints back then, too. But now I can't even remember what the old forum (the pre-2001 0ne) looked like.

Change is almost always uncomfortable at first. I remember hating FL when I first moved here, yet now I can't imagine living anywhere else. Just thinking about slush for a few moments eliminates half of the US.

But these smilies will take a little more time to become more likable than the old ones. :p

HM Spectre

In terms of functionality/speed, the new site is leaps and bounds above what the old offered... I just think it's missing some of the personality that came with the old skin (and old smileys) because a lot of the stuff on the new site currently is default, though I'm sure that can be changed at some point. Definitely appreciate the desire to improve!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I guess Im just old school, but complaining about the changes to this site is about like going to someones house as a guest and complaining that they changed the color of their walls.

I didn't realize you knew my mother-in-law! :D ROFL

The forum pages sure do load much faster now, and it took me about ten minutes to get accustomed to the new look. Since I found the instructions for returning the blue background, the difference is pretty negligible, looks-wise.

Thanks to wdwmagic (and team) for all the hard work involved in the transition, and for all the great support throughout the changeover!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I didn't realize you knew my mother-in-law! :D ROFL

The forum pages sure do load much faster now, and it took me about ten minutes to get accustomed to the new look. Since I found the instructions for returning the blue background, the difference is pretty negligible, looks-wise.

Thanks to wdwmagic (and team) for all the hard work involved in the transition, and for all the great support throughout the changeover!
Add me to the list of those who loves the new format - with the Classic Liquid skin. :)
Glad to hear you are liking the new forum!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom