Awesome Everest Update

SFSC26

sound

because of the nature of the themeing with the roller coaster trains being themed after trains of napal is disney going to put in a sound system that reflects the sound of the chugging of the train as they go along the course?.........since they put in a sound system in some of their recent coasters RnRC and CS for example.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i would assume, but the last time i assumed anything i was sitting locked out of the house in this wonderful alabama heat.

i dont know though................... i can see the score being in certain sections of the track ei: in certain tunnels and parts, but then again, if this is newer technology (in which i think it is) then probably in the car.

ok, i think i covered all angles of that question lol

Snapper Bean

Lee said:
Sorry, getting into stuff I can't comment on right now.
But, bear in mind, the ride itself isn't that long.

Anyway, how long is the backward segment on Mummy?

Can you comment on how long the ride is in terms of ride time? How does that compare to say Thunder Mountain Railroad or RnRC or Mummy? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks as always Lee. Though most like Mummy, many have commented on its brevity. I would hope that you wouldn't get off EE thinking "That was it?" On one hand there doesn't seem to be much track in the mountain yet (at least to me). However, whoever did that computer mock-up a couple of months ago seemed to contemplate a fairly lengthy ride (if I recall)

SFSC26

looking at the artwork there is the city that sits upon a much smaller mountain which the ride goes through...i'd imagine this town/mountain rises at least 60feet in the air but why have there been no signs for the scaffolding of that part of the ride.... i can see in the recent pics that land has been cleared in that area(generally) but that looks like in has massive detaling in terms of the rocks and the city but is that after they start detaling of rock layers on the everest part...j/w....i ask too many questions

Lee

Adventurer
Snapper Bean said:
Can you comment on how long the ride is in terms of ride time? How does that compare to say Thunder Mountain Railroad or RnRC or Mummy?

The ride time will be quite a bit longer than RnRC...but I don't have the current exact ride time. 3-4 min. range, I think.

As for audio...still don't know. Certainly there will be sound on the ride, but I am unsure of whether it will be from an onboard system or built into the ride.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I hope it's on-board audio...they could make it so dramatic...make it sound just like a train chugging along from the time you leave the station till the end of the 2nd lift hill and then when the track ends in the "mangled pile of steel", the music could kick in and be really exciting...that would rock :D Being that the switch tracks appear to utilize LIM/LSM brakes (from the plastic over them), are we thinking the lift hills will also utilized LSM like California Screamin?

SFSC26

full_photo.asp

if u look in the left corner of the structure u see the supports for the track above but they are spread over something...but what...it looks like something is supposed to be there...or is it for structual endurance...plese correct/inform me

SFSC26

yes, i believed it was confirmed that the LSM/LIM system would be used for the lift hill but i dont know if they will use magnetic braking or "regular" braking.......i was also wondering if anyone knew the path of the coaster after the helix in the "backyard"....i have a vague comprehension...

Moustronaut

ogryn said:
Is that a switch section (on the close up mountain pics, located on the gantry)?

It most certianly is!!! Second picture on the second page you can see it's got track above and below the center round beam. It rolls over along the axis of the track from track to another. RnRC has the same kind of switch going from the main ride track to the maintenance shop. It was shown tv for just a split second switching over in the Discovery Channel's "Americas Thrillmakers" show.

So the train goes up a hill to a dead end. Get's grabbed by linear induction breaks (someone on another thread suggested that's what's under the plastic), the track switches, then gets catapulted backwards onto the other track.

Look in picture 3 on the second page. It looks like there's another dead end in the same area. I'm guessing that's the future home of the Yeti AA. Train rolls forward up to the monster, pauses while the yeti scares the guests, then backawards through something, then rolls backwards up to the monster, pauses again to scare the other side of the train, then forward again to finish the ride.

OOOOOO very very cool. :sohappy:

Moustronaut

Ok got WAY too excited before I realized there were 3 more pages to this thread. hehehe

Anyway this ride is going to be sooooo cool. I can't wait!

flyersmv

damn this thing looks like its coming alongquite nicely.........i cant wait to see it when its done.....is there gonna be n e other rides on the section of ground EE is on??

SFSC26

i have a quick construction question.....

is disney building this thing overnite?...because i thought it was niteresting that noone swa the switchtrack lying around or bein put up...

SFSC26

it must have been that denial thing "no, no, no, it cant be a flip-track disney rides dont take u backwards, oh no! lets just say it doesnt exist..." (sarcasim) soccer moms , where do they get off...

but my question still remains if any one had an idea or a reason y they haven't started on the second mountain(which has the same detail in rockwork and it has a friggin city to be done)?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
SFSC26 said:
it must have been that denial thing "no, no, no, it cant be a flip-track disney rides dont take u backwards, oh no! lets just say it doesnt exist..." (sarcasim) soccer moms , where do they get off...

but my question still remains if any one had an idea or a reason y they haven't started on the second mountain(which has the same detail in rockwork and it has a friggin city to be done)?

1. place valium into mouth
2. take glass of water and pour contents into mouth
3. swallow
4. wait 30-40 minutes to kick in

The_CEO

SFSC26 said:

Perhaps because they are working on other parts of the ride first? Re-read this thread..

SFSC26

my bad guys, i went a little over the head with the sarcasim ok, i'm just very interested in the mechanics of this ride, thats why i was explaining some oof the layout to others earlier in this thread...im just trying to help those who are confused and ask questions so that way i get a better understanding of the ride and then i could answer it if someone else asks...im just tryin to help..my bad

SFSC26

looking at the model:

http://craphound.com/images/forbiddenmt01.jpg

i was wondering where and how the trains get to the workshed......if someone could inform me that would be great!

also after the 80 foot drop the track returns into the mountain i was wondering if anyone knew how it gets to the "backyard" helix

any help, would be appreciated

Lynx04

It is kind of hard to figure out the layout of the ride. But, from what I can put together is that it goes up into the montain then hangs a left and hits the dead end, then goes backwards through the helix shown hear.

full_photo.asp

After going through the helix it goes around right under where it stopped at the first switch track seen hear, and switches forward agian.

full_photo.asp

Then the train goes down the 80 foot drop and back up into the mountian, then presumably goes out the back part of the mountain through the helixes. That is my best guestimate. Any one else when to give a guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom