Awesome Everest Update

McArcDes

A little off subject but interesting none the same. The Disney Imagineering trailers at AK are just to the left of the metal building in the pictures with the boats at the dock.

J

joviacdan

Has there been any mention yet of speeds or inversions for Everest?

Also, is the whole coaster indoors, or is it in and outdoors?

ogryn

joviacdan said:
Has there been any mention yet of speeds or inversions for Everest?

Also, is the whole coaster indoors, or is it in and outdoors?

55mph. 0 inversions. Indoor/Outdoor.

Shaman

ogryn said:
Is that a switch section (on the close up mountain pics, located on the gantry)?
I don't know...but it's definitely the most interesting piece of track I've seen from EE...

Anyone know when they'll start work on the "outer-mountain"?

Jeff D

form the pictures that part that looks like a switch, and the track extends upward a little and ends, you can see two trcks leading to that point. Best pictures to see this is the second picture form left on the second page of pictures at the top.

My guess (and just a guess) is you might go past this point, maybe encounter the Yeti, and go backward form there. doing it this way would mean continuous flow on the ride and the ability to run several trains at a shot.

It also looks like the pictures that have the big bunny type hill where the track ends at the dge of the structure being built may be the beginning of the big drop outside of the mountain shown in the models but I have no way to prove it. Again, just a guess.

Also the way the structure is being done it looks like it will not be just a big open room inside the mountain. Can't be sure but the structure being the way it is make it look like the areas will be filled in around the track in quite a few places making it more like going through a series of caves. That is the way it should be, anyway, since you are in a mountain.

Great series of photos by someone with some serioous access. Notice how they are right there with workers in several of the photos.

djmatthews

WOW, great update, I love orlandorocks.com for photos.

Here's a question, when a roller-coaster like EE is built, i.e. its not a simple coaster with no theme, do they build all the track work first, and then test the ride, or do they wait until all the rock work and scenery is done before they get to this stage?

wannab@dis

Great pictures.. Thanks for the link.

I have to say that I'm starting to get really excited about this attraction being completed. It looks like it will be right up there with Splash & ToT for theming!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
djmatthews said:

Here's a question, when a roller-coaster like EE is built, i.e. its not a simple coaster with no theme, do they build all the track work first, and then test the ride, or do they wait until all the rock work and scenery is done before they get to this stage?

i wouls say a little bit of both in this case in my opinion. i think they will wait to do any of the "switch" stuff when it is covered from the audience watching from AK. at least i hope they do, this i want to be a complete surprise.

TinkerBell_904

i've heard a lot about everest! it's a lot indoors and a little outdoors! in the end you get chased by a yeti and you drop down 80 ft( or something) longest drop in disney and then i think 2 escape the yedi you go backwards not 100% sure though.....

TinkerBell_904

i am going soon so i will make an effort 2 check it out and post back here about updates and i may possibly take some pictures.........digital but i don't know.....

PLTram

Great pictures. Any speculation on who's getting in there to get the close ups? Perhaps some construction worker? A Disney employee?

ogryn

djmatthews said:

That's a good point. Most coasters have a "pull-through" by a crane. That would be impossible with a mountain in the way!

I'm sure the track is a switch the more I look at it. You would come in on the red path. Then go back along the green (but then again I could be very wrong. It just looks like those two bits of track are at the same level and connect at the switch). Plus circled in blue, there looks to be an extra "sticking out" section of track, that wouldn't be there if it was just a brake.

Attachments

• everest_switch.jpg
    everest_switch.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 212

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom