Avoiding EMH?

Legendary

Typically we like to take advantage of EMH (especially morning). For our next trip in Mid August going to MK on a Thursday will fit our overall plans better. This means missing EMH in the evening on Wednesday and morning EMH on Friday. It scares me to miss morning hours because we typically get through most of the rides by lunch. Will MK be less crowded on Thursday considering its sandwiched between 2 EMH days?

SeaCastle

We are not really morning people so we used to avoid the parks that had the morning EMH. I remember doing this during an August trip, and that the crowds at the non-EMH park were a bit lighter (even at MK). You end up playing this game of chicken where you assume that the crowds will just head to the parks where EMH is. In our experience this has proven to be true, but mileage may vary...

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Our strategy has always been to avoid morning EMH and if possible, we try to plan our park days around it, operating under the same assumption as you pretty much. I hope it is less crowded for you!

Upvote 0

Legendary

Original Poster
Thanks. Assuming that most resort guests tend to take advantage of EMH and they probably would not do back to back MK days we should be ok going on a Thursday.

Upvote 0

sittle

While most crowd calendars recommend avoiding the EMH parks, they do recommend Early over late... it seems to be that many people do not appreciate the extra hour in the parks in the AM so other people are able to enjoy the rides.

In the past we've always used the late EMH, but we would get to that park for rope drop and leave shortly after lunch... then we'd come back just before dinner and stay until the very end of the late EMH... The last hour or two of EMH the park gets rather empty... This was before children.

Upvote 0

OneofThree

We're a stone's throw from the Disney parks and often do day trips there. From all we have seen, the crowd calendars are almost completely useless these. That said, what we have definitely experienced (at multiple parks), is that the biggest crowds by far are at those parks with EMH in the morning, and it's not close.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom