Avengers Infinity War Movie Reviews

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The @Avengers did it. #InfinityWar tops The Force Awakens at $250M for the highest box office weekend of all time.

From Box Office Mojo, they are placing international numbers at 380 million.

That would mean, excluding China, it'd be the largest opening weekend internationally, of all time, and would be the largest opening weekend of any film of all time, leading to a whopping 630 million.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The @Avengers did it. #InfinityWar tops The Force Awakens at $250M for the highest box office weekend of all time.

That would mean, excluding China, it'd be the largest opening weekend internationally, of all time, and would be the largest opening weekend of any film of all time, leading to a whopping 630 million.

That's puts IW, for just the opening weekend ahead of six other MCU movies for their entire run.

LSLS

So are those numbers not counting Sunday then, or are they estimates?

My thoughts, epic is by far the best word for this movie. Personally I loved it. My only tiny complaint is I feel like they have given away a good amount of the next Avengers.

Princess Leia

So are those numbers not counting Sunday then, or are they estimates?

My thoughts, epic is by far the best word for this movie. Personally I loved it. My only tiny complaint is I feel like they have given away a good amount of the next Avengers.
Including Sunday estimates

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Without China, or Russia, this is phenomenal. Could be higher or lower tomorrow though.

Not significantly...

That number is massive without the legacy hype that cause the front load on Star Wars...

Marvel (starting pre Disney)...has built its own legacy/hype...

It’s the new top movie franchise and I don’t think that’s debatable. Everything they do now is bigger and better...

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Not significantly...

Marvel (starting pre Disney)...has built its own legacy/hype...

It’s the new top movie franchise and I don’t think that’s debatable. Everything they do now is bigger and better...
Yeah, to me it is because the way Marvel is atypical to the formula. No other studio can claim what happened. They needed China.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, to me it is because the way Marvel is atypical to the formula. No other studio can claim what happened. They needed China.

I think it’s because the way they cast the net and interwove the individual stories.

Would black panther had been so big without civil war? No way in hell...

It’s a true movie phenomena now...unlike frozen 🤡

They have eastern appeal.

Other franchises are clearly western appeal and trying to force it into that Far East market has made them suck, frankly. Know your role.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I think it’s because the way they cast the net and interwove the individual stories.

Would black panther had been so big without civil war? No way in hell...

It’s a true movie phenomena now...unlike frozen 🤡

They have eastern appeal.

Other franchises are clearly western appeal and trying to force it into that Far East market has made them suck, frankly. Know your role.
Without getting into what ifs, either way this is huge.

I won’t dare argue about Frozen. I don’t want to get hurt by Frozen fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom