Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can't imagine they will stay away from Wolverine for too long... whoever they choose to cast in that reboot will be critical, given his potential role in the Avengers and other features going forward. Big claws to fill there...

And Jackman was a strange cast at that time. Many don’t remember that the modern comic book movie started with X-men. It was the first after the burton Batman movies went horribly off the rails.

Jackman was big on selling it as a less childish genre

Mike S

I get it, but too old. They need a young'n. There's a reason they went with Tom Holland for Spidey. Gotta get eight-nine movies out of him.
I don’t think that would be a problem.
aerw85B_700b.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If successful...Disney will Increase the price by a factor of 3x ASAP.

They once floated the idea that they could sell espn for $29.99 alone! Fortunately espn fans aren’t quite as abjectly dumb as fans of...other...Disney ventures
Sports is a whole different animal, just like Disney has a built-in fanbase. I suspect a large majority of Disney+ Subs won't get the ESPN package, instead opting for either just Disney+ or Disney+ and Hulu combo. ESPN will likely be a standalone package for most of its Subs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sports is a whole different animal, just like Disney has a built-in fanbase. I suspect a large majority of Disney+ Subs won't get the ESPN package, instead opting for either just Disney+ or Disney+ and Hulu combo. ESPN will likely be a standalone package for most of its Subs.

Espn used to be 40% of Disney’s profit and has been In slow collapse ever since...

Wonder why your park tickets when up 150% in 15 years?...start there

But I don’t think the Disney steam will stay cheap for long...it looks like a “hook” for sure

erasure fan1

And? As I said Hulu just went down. So just because one went up, doesn't mean they all will. Also Netflix is increasing their prices in order to increase capital to bulk up their content, something Disney doesn't have to do.
And, it shows that major providers can and will increase their prices. Its like what @Sirwalterraleigh said, Disney always has positioned itself as a premium brand. Just look at Disney VHS, DVD, BLU-RAY... all sold at a premium price. To think Disney won't position D+ as a premium is to optimistic. You can't just switch like has been said. If you want the Disney content, you have one choice.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Espn used to be 40% of Disney’s profit and has been In slow collapse ever since...

Wonder why your park tickets when up 150% in 15 years?...start there

But I don’t think the Disney steam will stay cheap for long...it looks like a “hook” for sure
ESPN collapsed under it own weight due to continual price increases to the cable providers and losing Subs due to cordcutting. And I agree they have to be careful or the parks will have the same result.

But again streaming is different. Cordcutters have shown that they are willing to forego their favorite programs in favor of affordability. We'll see how Disney tackles this long term, but I don't see them jacking up prices year-over-year just because they are "Disney".

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And, it shows that major providers can and will increase their prices. Its like what @Sirwalterraleigh said, Disney always has positioned itself as a premium brand. Just look at Disney VHS, DVD, BLU-RAY... all sold at a premium price. To think Disney won't position D+ as a premium is to optimistic. You can't just switch like has been said. If you want the Disney content, you have one choice.
I never said a provider wouldn't ever increase prices, nor did I say Disney will never increase the price of Disney+. What I said was Disney+ will stay affordable and competitive.

What I think you're expecting is that Disney is going to treat Disney+ like the Parks and just jack up prices $5-10+/Mo every year. Well they do that and soon Disney+ will be $100/Mo and then no one will subscribe. That is just not good business.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
One other thing you have to remember is Disney owns all their content, Netflix doesn't they license most of theirs with some but ever increasing originals. This ownership of content will allow Disney to stay more affordable longer compared to its peers. And as stated previously is the reason why Netflix is increasing their prices, in order to build up their content library.

erasure fan1

I never said a provider wouldn't ever increase prices, nor did I say Disney will never increase the price of Disney+. What I said was Disney+ will stay affordable and competitive.

What I think you're expecting is that Disney is going to treat Disney+ like the Parks and just jack up prices $5-10+/Mo every year. Well they do that and soon Disney+ will be $100/Mo and then no one will subscribe. That is just not good business.
I'm expecting them to not be the least expensive option. I would expect them to be at a premium price compared to the competition. I don't think $100, but $25 and eventually $30, yea, I can see that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The info about the price came from one of the investor calls. He specifically says the cost is reflective of the quantity of content. He might have said something in an article at some other point but I heard it on one of the calls.

I've listened and read to all the investor calls for the past two years.

Iger has consistently talked about better 'yields' from the parks, namely, more money spent per person. But he has also put that in the context of what the market will allow along with strategic pricing to even out peaks and valleys of demand so as not to have a negative customer impact with overcrowding. So... I don't know how that can be called a 'rough go'

But, this has zero to do with a claim that it is D+ that will have a rough go at first, which is what SirWalter claimed having read from an article you linked here. Have you linked any articles here about Disney+?

erasure fan1

I've listened and read to all the investor calls for the past two years.

Iger has consistently talked about better 'yields' from the parks, namely, more money spent per person. But he has also put that in the context of what the market will allow along with strategic pricing to even out peaks and valleys of demand so as not to have a negative customer impact with overcrowding. So... I don't know how that can be called a 'rough go'

But, this has zero to do with a claim that it is D+ that will have a rough go at first, which is what SirWalter claimed having read from an article you linked here. Have you linked any articles here about Disney+?
No, what I was quoting was strictly what he said about the initial D+ launch price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom