Avengers Endgame Spoiler Discussion

bclane

They really just need to pull an Avatar and have a re-release in a month or two with more footage, directors cut or something. Marvel fans will flock.
Add a 30 second scene showing where Loki disappears off too (I know it would slightly spoil whatever they are planning to do with him in the future, but I still wants it) and 30 seconds of Howard the duck going berserker with that big gun of his. And actually, speaking of going berserker, why not just go ahead and give the fans a big sloppy wet kiss by adding Logan into the mix and have him take a few stabs at Thanos just for fun (yes, Cyclops can join the fun too why not). I bet my big toe they'd generate 1/2 a billion or more in repeat viewings right there just by adding Wolverine into the mix. Guaranteed.

Last edited:

Mike S

Add a 30 second scene showing where Loki disappears off too (I know it would slightly spoil whatever they are planning to do with him in the future, but I still wants it) and 30 seconds of Howard the duck going berserker with that big gun of his. And actually, speaking of going berserker, why not just go ahead and give the fans a big sloppy wet kiss by adding Logan into the mix and have him take a few stabs at Thanos just for fun (yes, Cyclops can join the fun too why not). I bet my big toe they'd generate 1/2 a billion or more in repeat viewings right there just by adding Wolverine into the mix. Guaranteed.
Loki’s story will be in his Disney + show.

Darkprime

Ive said it before but someone high up must be a huge Agents of SHIELD fan lol. Cause it keeps getting renewed when it shouldn't have been. As much as I love the show. Everyone was shocked it made it passed season 1 let alone season 3 when it seemed almost certain it should have been cancelled.

erasure fan1

Ive said it before but someone high up must be a huge Agents of SHIELD fan lol. Cause it keeps getting renewed when it shouldn't have been. As much as I love the show. Everyone was shocked it made it passed season 1 let alone season 3 when it seemed almost certain it should have been cancelled.

It's hard to say if it's true but I have seen reports that say that while AoS ratings aren't that great, the streaming numbers are very strong. So people seem to like it, they just don't watch it live.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's hard to say if it's true but I have seen reports that say that while AoS ratings aren't that great, the streaming numbers are very strong. So people seem to like it, they just don't watch it live.

Yeah, it's not appointment TV. But, it will be fine fare for either D+ or Hulu. And those are going to be ravenous beasts that must be fed along with keeping the Marvel brand constantly out there and present in people's mind.

Also, with the failure of Inhumans, doesn't Marvel TV need *something* to produce to justify its existence?

bclane

Everyone in my family has loved the show from the very beginning (last season was especially great!) but we never watch it live. I was sure it would be canceled when they moved it to the Friday night death slot, but somehow they've hung in there. Having said that, I did fall asleep when we tried watching this season's premier (not a good sign) so have no idea if I'm gonna like this season or not. I've heard that it may have finally jumped the shark with the whole Coulson thing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah, it's not appointment TV. But, it will be fine fare for either D+ or Hulu. And those are going to be ravenous beasts that must be fed along with keeping the Marvel brand constantly out there and present in people's mind.

Also, with the failure of Inhumans, doesn't Marvel TV need *something* to produce to justify its existence?
Inhumans failure was it really should have been a movie in the first place, like was originally planned.

doctornick

Back to Endgame itself...

If they only had enough Pym Particles to each go back in time once and return (obviously a big plot point since they had to get more at the army base) then how was Ant-Man able to shrink and re-grown while on the mission in NYC?

Mike S

Back to Endgame itself...

If they only had enough Pym Particles to each go back in time once and return (obviously a big plot point since they had to get more at the army base) then how was Ant-Man able to shrink and re-grown while on the mission in NYC?
All I’ve thought of is that there must be a difference between his normal shrinking/growing and shrinking small enough to enter the quantum realm.

Last edited:

bclane

All I’ve thought of is that there must be a difference between his normal shrinking/growing and shrinking small enough to enter the quantum realm.
That’s all I think it is too. When Scott goes to battle in any of the movies that came before End Game, he shrinks over and over again so many times in even one fight that it would be unrealistic for him to need an entire bottle of Pym Particles every time he does it. One bottle must allow several normal shrink cycles. Otherwise he’d have to be constantly resupplying the stuff as he runs out. Entering the Quantum realm likely takes a lot more of the stuff. Just a theory though...

michmousefan

Not that I have a problem with these three...

But “legends” has gone so far downhill

It used to be those with iconic input or a lifetime of service to the craft.

I mean - is Ming-Na Wen and Jodi Benson gonna be on the wall next to X Atencio and Mary Blair??

I like Mulan as much as the next guy...but..
True. It really speaks of "striking while the <publicity/marketing> iron is hot." Not that there's much chance of it, but it could be a bit awkward if The Lion King tanks in July for Mr. Favreau's induction presentation.

I don't think they have given the Legend title to Harrison Ford yet; they are likely waiting for the fifth Indy movie to get off the ground so they can give it to him at (their) appropriate time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
True. It really speaks of "striking while the <publicity/marketing> iron is hot." Not that there's much chance of it, but it could be a bit awkward if The Lion King tanks in July for Mr. Favreau's induction presentation.

I don't think they have given the Legend title to Harrison Ford yet; they are likely waiting for the fifth Indy movie to get off the ground so they can give it to him at (their) appropriate time.

Ford did an incredible amount of damage to one Disney property

Darkprime

Here's an interesting theory. What if New Mutants is secretly being retrofitted to be an MCU film? The clue is the shift to the April 2020 release date which is normally a prime summer release date for Disney's MCU films.

mf1972

according to recent numbers, endgame is sitting at approx $2.564 billion worldwide. i think avatar was listed at around $2.78 billion.
it’s close, but i wonder if endgame can overtake avatar at this point. it looks like it’s slowing down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom