Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

George Lucas on a Bench

The official name is actually Magic Kingdom® Park, but nobody besides Disney calls it that.

It's always either "The Magic Kingdom" or "Magic Kingdom"

They changed the original sign out front to read Magic Kingdom rather than The Magic Kingdom for no apparent reason, although my theory is they either forgot The or cheaped out on the letters. Shouldn't it read Magic Kingdom Park?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was hosting a barbecue once and some 30 year old kid tried to make fun of me for calling them The Supremes, instead of just Supremes.

He was quietly led into my den and forced to look at every single LP record I have by The Supremes while I gave a brief summary of each record, the hit songs from each, notable stylings and influences, and an occasional side track into the Bob Mackie designed gowns they wore on the album covers. He never tried to call them just Supremes ever again, at least not in my presence. 🧐

R-4847100-1377359187-3212.jpeg.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@TP2000 -- I was hosting a barbecue once and some 30 year old kid tried to make fun of me for calling them The Supremes, instead of just Supremes.

He was quietly led into my den and forced to look at every single LP record I have by The Supremes while I gave a brief summary of each record, the hit songs from each, notable stylings and influences, and an occasional side track into the Bob Mackie designed gowns they wore on the album covers. He never tried to call them just Supremes ever again, at least not in my presence.
And I bet the kid called the Broadway cast recording of Dreamgirls a soundtrack! 😲

dennis-in-ct

Back on the rails ....
Is there a another E-ticket going into this area at a later date? A clone of the not yet built Hong Kong attraction? Was it a coaster? A test track or the Pandora flying theater?

Giss Neric

Back on the rails ....
Is there a another E-ticket going into this area at a later date? A clone of the not yet built Hong Kong attraction? Was it a coaster? A test track or the Pandora flying theater?
Yeah it was the main Avengers ride. I don't know though if it was an indoor rollercoaster or a simulator from the teasers they did before it was cancelled (?). I personally would prefer it to be a thrill ride since since it's in DCA anyways and anything Avengers should always be action packed.

If the storytelling rollercoaster, Cosmic Rewind at Epcot, is well received then we might get something similar.

the_rich

Yeah it was the main Avengers ride. I don't know though if it was an indoor rollercoaster or a simulator from the teasers they did before it was cancelled (?). I personally would prefer it to be a thrill ride since since it's in DCA anyways and anything Avengers should always be action packed.

If the storytelling rollercoaster, Cosmic Rewind at Epcot, is well received then we might get something similar.
It's supposed to a one of a kind ride using a unique ride system. I'm also under the assumption that it's only been delayed.

Giss Neric

I'm surprised that it's less than one month away from Avengers Campus opening and we're not hearing any preview dates or even ride POVs of the Spiderman ride (CMs have already rode it and no buzz even on Twitter). No hype at all. It's that a sign to lower our expectations or it's just they right now are more focused on getting both parks up and running properly first?

britain

I'm surprised that it's less than one month away from Avengers Campus opening and we're not hearing any preview dates or even ride POVs of the Spiderman ride (CMs have already rode it and no buzz even on Twitter). No hype at all. It's that a sign to lower our expectations or it's just they right now are more focused on getting both parks up and running properly first?

It’s probably more due to the fact that they are limited to CA residents and capacity is low. Why tell the world to book a trip to DCA now?

Plus… they probably know that Avengers Campus is, at best, a charming & fun addition, but nothing earth-shattering. DCA needs more charm and fun so that’s great! But those attributes don’t build online buzz as well as things like Velocicoaster sneak peek POVs.

waltography

It’s probably more due to the fact that they are limited to CA residents and capacity is low. Why tell the world to book a trip to DCA now?

Plus… they probably know that Avengers Campus is, at best, a charming & fun addition, but nothing earth-shattering. DCA needs more charm and fun so that’s great! But those attributes don’t build online buzz as well as things like Velocicoaster sneak peek POVs.
Absolutely. As is, the opening of Avengers Campus is already set like a preview window. Two (hopefully blissful) weeks of restricted capacity for the entire park followed by a lift of capacity restrictions in California on June 15.

Now, I don't think the resort will immediately lift the capacity after June 15, but by then the land will hopefully have gotten into a groove to handle more people should they raise capacity to 40% and beyond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom