Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

truecoat

Thank you. According to the website, it still exists as an attraction.

Movie Preview. Cheaped-Out Version Of Original Attraction.

It doesn't sound like it's much of anything right now, to be honest.

It was listed in the app on Saturday as the Eternals preview and not as Philharmagic.

D.Silentu

I suppose I’m too optimistic at times, but I was hoping for some acknowledgment of a phase 2 for Avengers Campus at the Destination D23 presentation. It would be satisfying just to hear that Disney is aware the land is not “good enough“ as it is.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Finally - they cast a Hawkeye friend who isn't young enough to be Jeremy Renner's college-age son!

My friends and I were pretty convinced that they just grabbed a couple of Peter Pan's good friends for previous Hawkeye visits to DCA. All way too young and way too... happy. :D Hawkeye is properly an old grump. :D

I'm just bummed I may not get to see this pair out and about as I'm not sure when I will get back to the parks next. :(

waltography

But the song is so good!

It's definitely not my cup of tea. Very corny, Tootsie-esque music that Hawkeye justifiably tuned out. 😅 Although it totally could work in a Starkid kind of way so long as they didn't take it too seriously (but based on what we saw of the show, they seemed to really be playing it straight and earnestly).

Haymarket

Does GE feel complete? It has 2 rides - a D ticket and an E ticket. And the land is still depressing and empty IMO. Characters and entertainment are what fill the dead space. And there is dead space in both of these lands that no number of E tickets will fill.

Regardless, it'll still take years to add a new attraction whenever they finally approve the concept (as the Wakanda idea will no doubt be impacted by Chadwick's passing). So they need to fill in the blanks in the meantime.
What's GE?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Since I got to see AC for the first time this week I'll post a short review.

DCA was on my second day and I slept in and didn't get there until about 9:30am. I started by riding Monsters Inc. because the line was short. I was trying to time things so when I got to AC the Spider-Man show would be starting. So after MI I walked to AC via the GotG:MB side. MB's line was all the way back to the Hyperion wait line area, so I didn't wait for that.

I pretty much walked past Pym's, and the Iron Man m&g under the Quinjet and went straight to the area near WebSlingers to watch the show. It was cool to see it in person. After that, I checked out the Sanctum and took a pic at the hole thingie and after seeing WebSlingers at over 90 min I left AC. There's like nothing there to do if you don't ride WS. It didn't seem worth the wait and seemed like something I'd rather do with my family than a group of strangers. My nephew will probably enjoy the land as he loves Marvel characters and would love to meet them.

After that, I rode RsR (which just came back from a breakdown so the line was short) and then ate lunch, did Mermaid, walked around Grizzly Peak, then left DCA around 2pm and never went back.

TP2000

This is when I know I don't get it. And why I'm not caring about the Spiderman Mania ride there.

I can't tell if this little show with the pretty white gay guy pretending to be straight is supposed to be serious or funny. And by "funny", I mean one of those dorky theme park shows that is so-dumb-it's-funny-but-we're-doing-it-on-purpose-and-honestly-he's-almost-straight.

waltography

All things considered, it's a nice little show. It's super cheesy and stupid, but I like that it's not taking itself super seriously like the Taskmaster stunt show because the fight choreography is hard to take seriously.

I do hope they take this show as a cue to start decorating Avengers Campus properly so that the Christmas decor doesn't look super cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom