Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

Parteecia

I would think kids would be bored or at least scared watching Kill Bill. That movie felt like a side scrolling video game like Shinobi where you keep running right and killing enemies.

iu
Oh yeah. One very small-sounding child started screaming in terror when The Bride was in the coffin.

But I'm sure there are families where Deadpool is regular viewing. All of that juvenile humor ('Nads! Potty!) and video game violence.

TrainsOfDisney

You can get that at home too. Looks like DCA Deadpool is staying G or PG rated.
see this is where it all breaks down… Deadpool is fine in the parks cause he is G / PG rated in the parks - only if you watch the movies do you hear the F word, n word, etc.

But Splash Mountain - which had 0 issues as an attraction couldn’t exist because the source material, which nobody can find anyways, was deemed problematic - even though the film itself was family friendly and rated G.

Parteecia

see this is where it all breaks down… Deadpool is fine in the parks cause he is G / PG rated in the parks - only if you watch the movies do you hear the F word, n word, etc.

But Splash Mountain - which had 0 issues as an attraction couldn’t exist because the source material, which nobody can find anyways, was deemed problematic - even though the film itself was family friendly and rated G.
Your opinion. My opinion is that I was embarrassed by Splash from the start and wondered how they could base a ride on that movie, which I'd seen in a theater and made me uncomfortable for reasons that have been discussed in other threads.

Phroobar

Your opinion. My opinion is that I was embarrassed by Splash from the start and wondered how they could base a ride on that movie, which I'd seen in a theater and made me uncomfortable for reasons that have been discussed in other threads.
If SOTS makes you uncomfortable, don't see Gone with the Wind or The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Is there something specifically about the animated characters that made you feel embarrassed or was it because you just couldn’t separate them from the source material? I just find it interesting that the NAACP was cool with it in the 80s but now in the 2020’s we have people coming out of the woodworks (majority non Black and many who continued to ride anyway and enjoy it) saying it always bothered them. I’m not calling you a liar. It’s just a fascinating phenomenon. Was it something you rode? If so, how often?

Parteecia

Is there something specifically about the animated characters that made you feel embarrassed or was it because you just couldn’t separate them from the source material? I just find it interesting that the NAACP was cool with it in the 80s but now in the 2020’s we have people coming out of the woodworks (majority non Black and many who continued to ride anyway and enjoy it) saying it always bothered them. I’m not calling you a liar. It’s just a fascinating phenomenon. Was it something you rode? If so, how often?
The source material was too strong in my mind. The cartoons were not separable for me. I saw it in 1980 and the implications that he was happy to stay on the plantation etc bugged me.

I had a CM friend so I got to ride Splash during previews. I liked the fun of it but the animals seemed obvious stand-ins, like the Dumbo crows. Like Jungle Cruise, I rode sometimes but there was always some unease with depictions. And honestly, once I rode JC with a Black friend and saw it through her eyes, I couldn't unsee it and stopped riding it until the change.

Parteecia

And how does Disney owned Family Guy and Deadpool make you feel?
Love Deadpool, meh on Family Guy. What can I say? I am a sea of contradictions. First Indy movie, I hated the irrational incompetent bloodthirsty primitive indigenous people at the start but loved the resourceful Marion despite her horrific backstory and so on back and forth while enjoying the overall thrill ride.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Wolverine will also make his debut today at Avengers Campus:

For a limited time beginning today, guests may encounter Deadpool and Wolverine at Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park. From his favorite cozy reading chair, guests can join Deadpool as he reads from his big book of super special stories. These family-friendly tales delight, charm and inspire in the way only Deadpool can. And keep an eye out for Wolverine who may be dropping by “Story Time with Deadpool.” Also, for a limited time, Deadpool and Wolverine might make appearances in entertainment offerings like “Avengers Assemble!” and “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!” in Avengers Campus.

GTa3lyxWsAAJiUp.jpeg

AJFireman

Maybe I am reading to much into it but it appears Deadpool is not doing an official Meet and Greet. He will only be part of entertainment offerings from what the Disney Parks Blog says. The part about DLP says "the chance to meet the “merc with a mouth” " but doesn't say that under the DCA portion. Also some are at the park now posting on social media about not being able to meet him per CMs. Guess only time will tell.

Prince-1

That’s not the point. I wouldn’t want my kids introduced to the character. If they meet him at Disneyland and think he’s funny, they’re going to see the trailer for the movie on TV and want to see it, not realizing it isn’t for them.

Hate to tell ya but they probably have already seen the trailer. Even the one with all the naughty words in it. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom