Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

mickEblu

I mean, Walt sat on the bench and thought of the park about 75 years ago. He died almost 60 years ago. I don't think we can be married to what he thought over half a century ago.

Also, the man did put in a scene where women were being sold into s*xual slavery on a ride that had no height requirement, so he clearly thought that objectifying people as objects of pleasure could be funny and acceptable for children and families.

Sure but that has to go both ways. If I hear someone misuse that “Disneyland is not a museum” quote one more time…

There’s no way Walt could have anticipated what a phenomenon and institution Disneyland and its attractions would become. He wasn’t saying “I’ll remove Splash Mountain even though it’s a classic fan favorite attraction.” He was saying that he was happy he had a park he could continue to tinker with unlike the movies that when they were done they were done. It’s also worth noting he said that during a time when the park was in its infancy and just about every change was an objective upgrade.

SuddenStorm

Sure but that has to go both ways. If I hear someone misuse that “Disneyland is not a museum” quote one more time…

There’s no way Walt could have anticipated what a phenomenon and institution Disneyland and its attractions would become. He wasn’t saying “I’ll remove Splash Mountain even though it’s a classic fan favorite attraction.” He was saying that he was happy he had a park he could continue to tinker with unlike the movies that when they were done they were done. It’s also worth noting he said that during a time when the park was in its infancy and just about every change was an objective upgrade.

It's wild to think that up until Tomorrowland started to close for redo in '95, almost every single change was an upgrade for Disneyland. That's a solid 40 years of continuous improvement.

Ever since it's been hit or miss, and recently it's been expensive but misguided changes to the park.

TrainsOfDisney

It’s also worth noting he said that during a time when the park was in its infancy and just about every change was an objective upgrade.
Yes, Walt wanted to add and improve things. The Matterhorn was thought of in order to improve the visual of the large skyway tower.

The monorail was an upgrade of the streamlined train of the future.

mickEblu

It's wild to think that up until Tomorrowland started to close for redo in '95, almost every single change was an upgrade for Disneyland. That's a solid 40 years of continuous improvement.

Ever since it's been hit or miss, and recently it's been expensive but misguided changes to the park.

What a time to be a fan! Now all we can hope is that they stop messing with it haha. Hoping they learned a huge lesson from TBA and they think twice about changing greatness especially when they don’t have the ability or personnel to get close to what they re replacing.

SuddenStorm

What a time to be a fan! Now all we can hope is that they stop messing with it haha. Hoping they learned a huge lesson from TBA and they think twice about changing greatness especially when they don’t have the ability or personnel to get close to what they re replacing.

I doubt they're that humble.

When DCA was reviled, Disney knew it was because of their own cost cutting.

Now? Disney's gonna say it's only because it was replacing Splash, so people are being overly harsh. Or something. There's going to be internal excuses. After all- they delivered the most authentically New Orleans attraction ever, based on Tiana. It's our own fault for not loving it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom