Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

fctiger

I find TSMM highly overrated. So I'm hoping this version is actually an improvement of that. I feel like if they added an actual dark ride or two on the pier TSMM wouldn't be so popular. It was pretty much the only dark ride at DHS for a long time as well. I wonder if the wait will go down at all now that 2 new family attractions have opened.

As long as I'm convinced I'm shooting webs on the ride, I'll be happy. TSMM just feels like a video game in front of a screen surrounded by pretty props to me. Makes sense kids love it though. I mean many parents just shove a screen in-front of their children to keep them quiet. Who need quality when you got the video-game ride?

I'm excited to ride. This is Disney's first Marvel ride that isn't a makeover of an existing attraction so this is their chance to show they know what they're doing with the franchise. Especially as there is already an amazing Spiderman ride hosted by their competition.

I hear you, but in terms of the masses its a hugely popular ride. Even on DCA slow days, it still gets 40+ minute waits. And this ride is in two other parks, DHS and TDS and its even more popular in those. You can't discount the results. It's a relatively cheap and simple ride but people are willing to wait literally hours just to do it. So if the WEB ride is anything close to TSMM, I don't see how it won't be a massive hit out of the gate; especially starring Spider-Man whose last movie did over a billion dollars and going to be a bigger presence in other movies going forward.

And like you said I think the shooting web part that is going to be the hook that gets more people excited for it. For the record I'm not a huge fan of TSM either. I LIKE the ride a lot but it's not one of the must do either. I usually skip it most of the time because the line is always so long and FPs run out very quickly. But when I take my kids its one of the first things they want to do. People complain about the video game aspect but that's what actually makes it so freaking popular, especially for kids and teenagers as you mentioned. My kids like the dark rides but it bores them after awhile, but they can't get enough of the thrill rides or interactive stuff. But hopefully this ride will add a little something more than TSM too.

D.Silentu

What I have heard so far is keeping my attention and may just be enough to whet my appetite until the real E-ticket opens. If there turns out to be less hyperbole in these announcements than there was for Galaxy's Edge the land could be a step up from the carnival it replaced. That said, an opportunity is being left by the wayside here and I've yet to hear anyone bring it up. I had hoped that a sort of relaunch, if you will, for Guardians...:Mission Breakout would be planned for the opening of the campus. A chance to smooth over the rough edges left by an impractically short development time.

As it has been said repeatedly, once you board the elevator the caper that Rocket promises you is played out on screen, turning the riders from participants to spectators. This would seem like the time to have amended that disparity, giving the elevator a more central role in the action. Opportune, seeing as the backstory of the ride is being tweaked to fit the new campus. Square peg in a round hole, I know. Yet it didn't have to be, and with a bit of tangable connective tissue, going beyond lip service, the transition may have been a lot smoother and improved a half finished ride in the long run.

Also, the I feel the jury is out on this new Spiderman ride, but until we have a verdict, could we refer to it as Spidermania?

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Add me to the small chorus of those super (ha!) excited for the announcements today.

Granted, I will never go on the E ticket whenever it's built - motion sickness - and not even sure if I can handle the Spider-Man attraction though I plan to try!

I have no interest in building a spider-bot nor buying the various associated toys - though they'll likely get me with pins.

But I am a character nerd. And while all here still decry the Summer of Heroes - I LOVED it. Because I could spend the day going from character to character to character and yes, 'live my adventure'. lol

I think the food and drinks look fun and I plan to try quite a few of them.

But ultimately, I get to visit with all the characters I love - not just the ones in a particular timeline (*looking at you, GE*). So the Campus can have Cap and Iron Man and Loki and Gamora as well as Thor and Star-Lord and Groot and Spider-Man and Ant-Man & Wasp and Black Panther and Captain Marvel?! Plus the stunt show with Taskmaster and the Doctor Strange show and the training with Okoye and the Dora Milaje? Oh goodness, you just described a perfect day to me. :) My friends have already started joking about never getting me out of that land! Pretty much!

But it did give me some insight and belated sympathy to Star Wars fans who like GE and don't understand the hate for it coming from others. It's a place that makes them happy in a world they love. That's this place for me. And for everyone else, there's plenty more to enjoy throughout the rest of the resort. Plus enjoy having the shortcut to Hollywood Land back open again! :D

planodisney

The thing that excites me most about these updates today is all the info about Dr. Strange.
Definitely looks like more of a show experience than just a Marvel version of Jedi Training Academy or a glorified meet and greet. The set piece elements and the description of the show at night sounds really cool.

MarvelCharacterNerd

The thing that excites me most about these updates today is all the info about Dr. Strange.
Definitely looks like more of a show experience than just a Marvel version of Jedi Training Academy or a glorified meet and greet. The set piece elements and the description of the show at night sounds really cool.
I'm guessing maybe a cross between Jedi Training and Harry Potter wand usage? Wave your hands properly and things light up? Which sounds charming and appealing to watch just like I enjoyed watching Jedi Training even without a kid participating in it. It's about watching the littles get to make magic (or fight Vader with a lightsaber). And that's cool, too. But I'm also happy for a pretty place to sit at night under glowing lights. I have that at Cars Land and it's magical there, too - especially the lighting of the land at dusk - gets me every time. :)

mandelbrot

Those grey metal supports on the right side of the pathway almost look as if there will be some smaller buildings there if they are intended for a wall i find it interesting that they are so far away from the mater area. If that will be a wall i am guessing that they are intending to fill in that space with lots of landscaping but then why put up an ugly wall. Guess i have to look up the model that they had in D23
Yesterday's press release stated there will be four food locations in the land. Two were described as being part of Pym's. One was described as being adjacent to GOTG. The Shawarma location? Maybe it's gonna be near the land entrance?

truecoat

Yesterday's press release stated there will be four food locations in the land. Two were described as being part of Pym's. One was described as being adjacent to GOTG. The Shawarma location? Maybe it's gonna be near the land entrance?

I thought someone said the Shawarma location was closer to GotG.

fctiger

That assumes anyone, including employees will actually be there while it's closed.

AFAIK at least in Hong Kong construction is still happening while the park is closed but I doubt its going any faster though. But yes, they could do the opposite here and keep all non-essential people out of the resort.

MarvelCharacterNerd

The one by GOTG - per the approximately 3,712,406 articles I read about the Campus yesterday lol - is the Terran Treats one that The Collector is using to lure in... I mean... entice guests. That's the sweets cart with the colorful churro twists it looks like. And if I were to guess, maybe that's why a construction wall with Tivan collection signs suddenly went up last week right across from the attraction store entrance near the Frozen queue. Bet it's going there. Shawarma cart should be on Campus I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom