Avengers Campus at DHS

Cmdr_Crimson

Universal has no motive to give up Marvel theme parks despite Simpsons expiring in 2028. While Simpsons is part of pop culture, the show is way past its prime. There is more current life for Marvel than Simpsons.

Universal is doing tourists going to Florida theme parks a favor by having Marvel rights to certain characters, and Marvel Families instead of Disney. I hate saying that, but it is the truth. The other thing with Simpsons is Universal Studios Hollywood has a Simpsons land besides USF and USH has space issues.

Avengers Campus based on what is open for attractions worldwide is a mess at this point. I know Disney hasn't opened all Avenger Campus rides yet, but what Disney has been doing attractions that were rethemed to Marvel attractions is concerning from a quality standpoint. If Disney gets all Marvel theme park rights, WDW would be getting questionable attractions in multiple parks like MK and DHS at least.

Avengers Campus worldwide has three rides that opened to mixed or worse reviews already. Web slingers is a worse Spider-man ride than Universal has despite Web Slingers being the younger attraction. To top it off, You need to spend extra money for add-on peripheral for the ride that helps riders get higher scores:rolleyes:. Avengers Assemble: Flight Force opened up to mixed reviews as a roller coaster last year with people feeling the theming of the coaster felt incomplete. I read Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle! is one of the worst rides Disney theme parks have worldwide with it being a much worse version of Buzz Lightyear:banghead:.
This could very well expand the Dreamworks kids section down the line..If they remove and level the unwatchable animal actors show and use the Simpsons ride as a new Shrek 4D Escape from Duloc simulator ride...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal has no motive to give up Marvel theme parks despite Simpsons expiring in 2028. While Simpsons is part of pop culture, the show is way past its prime. There is more current life for Marvel than Simpsons.

Universal is doing tourists going to Florida theme parks a favor by having Marvel rights to certain characters, and Marvel Families instead of Disney. I hate saying that, but it is the truth. The other thing with Simpsons is Universal Studios Hollywood has a Simpsons land besides USF and USH has space issues.

Avengers Campus based on what is open for attractions worldwide is a mess at this point. I know Disney hasn't opened all Avenger Campus rides yet, but what Disney has been doing attractions that were rethemed to Marvel attractions is concerning from a quality standpoint. If Disney gets all Marvel theme park rights, WDW would be getting questionable attractions in multiple parks like MK and DHS at least.

Avengers Campus worldwide has three rides that opened to mixed or worse reviews already. Web slingers is a worse Spider-man ride than Universal has despite Web Slingers being the younger attraction. To top it off, You need to spend extra money for add-on peripheral for the ride that helps riders get higher scores:rolleyes:. Avengers Assemble: Flight Force opened up to mixed reviews as a roller coaster last year with people feeling the theming of the coaster felt incomplete. I read Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle! is one of the worst rides Disney theme parks have worldwide with it being a much worse version of Buzz Lightyear:banghead:.
I can definitely see Simpsons being dropped.

Not only because it’s no longer what Comcast wants to bring into it’s parks…but because it’s their next logical expansion space.

If they could dump it now…I bet they would…even though a little premature

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Original Poster

The multiverse ride coming to DCA sounds cool though. Maybe they plan to go all out on that one. But I agree they could have made better design directions with the current Marvel rides. For example Spiderman could have been an open ride vehicle with a curved screen in the set pieces like SLOP at USH. In fact I would not have used Spider Man for the D ticket. I would have used Doctor Strange instead and the ride would have been about the mystic arts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can definitely see Simpsons being dropped.

Not only because it’s no longer what Comcast wants to bring into it’s parks…but because it’s their next logical expansion space.

If they could dump it now…I bet they would…even though a little premature

... and the Simpsons area would be relatively easy to re-theme. The could keep the same basic buildings and re-theme if they wanted to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
... and the Simpsons area would be relatively easy to re-theme. The could keep the same basic buildings and re-theme if they wanted to.
Yep…the rumors of a “real kids area”there makes all the sense in the world if you’re building to the coveted week long destination

The ride has to go…it was a jerkatron the day it opened and isn’t much better now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom