Avengers Campus at DHS

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Original Poster
With industry insiders predicting NBCUniversal will make a play for a Warner Bros Discovery merger due to the latter's financial troubles, I think this warrants its own forum. If a NBCU WBD merger does come to fruition, I imagine NBCU will cut a deal to get the DC and Looney Tunes IPs back from Six Flags. And if Universal gets DC I would imagine they would want to leverage that in their parks rather than keep Marvel at IOA. And if WDW got the Marvel rights back, I think they would want to get to work and put an Avengers Campus in DHS. If an Avengers Campus were to come to DHS, where should it go? Should it replace Star Tours and Grand Avenue, Indiana Jones, or go the that large backstage area behind Animation Courtyard? And what attractions should it have? Obviously this will get the Multiverse E ticket coming to DCA as the flagship ride, But what should the D ticket ride be if it is not Web Slingers? Sign off below on what you would do if Avengers Campus were to come to DHS.

Fox&Hound

Wow, this is a lot of conclusions in one post. I honestly have not paid much attention to this potential merger (if it even were to happen), but pretending it did, I don't see Universal going after Looney Tues and DC characters. Looney Tunes is a pretty dead franchise and I would argue DC is losing steam to Marvel. I think Batman will always be popular, maybe Superman and Wonder Woman, but the rest of their lineup are lesser known. I also would hate to see Avengers Campus come to FL- it looks pretty lackluster. I hate to say it but DIS really has no clue how to leverage Marvel in their parks except for maybe meet and greets. All of their attempts are pretty sad.

ppete1975

With industry insiders predicting NBCUniversal will make a play for a Warner Bros Discovery merger due to the latter's financial troubles, I think this warrants its own forum. If a NBCU WBD merger does come to fruition, I imagine NBCU will cut a deal to get the DC and Looney Tunes IPs back from Six Flags. And if Universal gets DC I would imagine they would want to leverage that in their parks rather than keep Marvel at IOA. And if WDW got the Marvel rights back, I think they would want to get to work and put an Avengers Campus in DHS. If an Avengers Campus were to come to DHS, where should it go? Should it replace Star Tours and Grand Avenue, Indiana Jones, or go the that large backstage area behind Animation Courtyard? And what attractions should it have? Obviously this will get the Multiverse E ticket coming to DCA as the flagship ride, But what should the D ticket ride be if it is not Web Slingers? Sign off below on what you would do if Avengers Campus were to come to DHS.
Thats a lot of ifs. Heres an issue, unless six flags is purchased they have exclusive rights to looney tunes till 2055 regardless of who owns them. Ive posted it before, the contract is public info and posted on the internet.

Second issue is why would universal give up marvel rights when they can just keep what they have and make it where disney cannot use the characters. Just by having those rides they are keeping the competition from building a massive addition to their parks. Well worth the effort and money from universal.

THE ONLY WAY THIS HAPPENS.. is if Disney trades something and probably a uncle scrooge money bin.

Lets say simpsons bobs burgers rights and a few other rights plus money.. then a discussion might start.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
would argue DC is losing steam to Marvel. I think Batman will always be popular, maybe Superman and Wonder Woman, but the rest of their lineup are lesser known.
Marvel has taught us that character familiarity is ultimately less important than how well the movie or show is made. I think we're past Marvel's peak and it's hard to tell if it's specifically Marvel fatigue or superhero fatigue. It'll be interesting to see what Jane's Gunn does with DC and what inroads DC can make.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Original Poster
Thats a lot of ifs. Heres an issue, unless six flags is purchased they have exclusive rights to looney tunes till 2055 regardless of who owns them. Ive posted it before, the contract is public info and posted on the internet.

Second issue is why would universal give up marvel rights when they can just keep what they have and make it where disney cannot use the characters. Just by having those rides they are keeping the competition from building a massive addition to their parks. Well worth the effort and money from universal.

THE ONLY WAY THIS HAPPENS.. is if Disney trades something and probably a uncle scrooge money bin.

Lets say simpsons bobs burgers rights and a few other rights plus money.. then a discussion might start.
I checked and yes, Looney Tunes has the 2055 clause to SF. So if Universal wanted to leverage WB cartoon characters in their parks they could use Hanna Barbara. A Scooby Doo or some other HB dark ride could work. I mean with SCOOB WB wanted to do a HB cinematic Universe. But the logic I am operating on is that if James Gunn's rebooted DCU does well, it does not seem t far fetched for them to want to leverage it at the Universal parks and unlike LT there is no set in stone end dates. It makes sense to use your own IP than a competitors if you can. Universal seems to be on a mission to replace IP they don't own with their own in house ones.

ppete1975

I checked and yes, Looney Tunes has the 2055 clause to SF. So if Universal wanted to leverage WB cartoon characters in their parks they could use Hanna Barbara. A Scooby Doo or some other HB dark ride could work. I mean with SCOOB WB wanted to do a HB cinematic Universe. But the logic I am operating on is that if James Gunn's rebooted DCU does well, it does not seem t far fetched for them to want to leverage it at the Universal parks and unlike LT there is no set in stone end dates. It makes sense to use your own IP than a competitors if you can. Universal seems to be on a mission to replace IP they don't own with their own in house ones.
Although finding DC and six flag rights is almost impossible, many assume its the same as looney tunes.
Six Flags owns the theme park rights to DC and Looney Tunes, and that deal would not change with NBCUniversal buying Warner Bros. Discovery, just as Universal Orlando's deal with Marvel did not change when Disney bought Marvel. The only way for Universal to get access to DC and Looney Tunes would be to buy those rights from Six Flags, or to buy Six Flags in its entirety.
I think Universal would be smarter to find some IPs that arent being utilized such as willy wonka. Alton towers had a really cool attraction for years and it just screams boat ride done on a universal or Disney budget.
https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/ride/charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory/

Hanna barbara nor looney tunes is going to touch mickey mouse and friends.

As far as Hanna Barbara it wouldnt be the first time
1674839746456.png

Br0ckford

Why is anyone under the impression that Disney would even spend the money to build anything like that at WDW? We got Galixies Edge and Tron, 😒take your rethemes and be happy.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Uni would not be allowed to buy WB. The government would block any such M&A.

If anyone buys WB it would be an Amazon* or Apple trying to expand their content.

I couldn't follow much of the rest of the OP, but it seems like it belongs in the Imagineering forum rather than parks.

*And even Amazon likely would be blocked since they just bought MGM assets.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Uni would not be allowed to buy WB. The government would block any such M&A.

If anyone buys WB it would be an Amazon or Apple trying to expand their content.

I couldn't follow much of the rest of the OP, but it seems like it belongs in the Imagineering forum rather than parks.
It really belongs in the “this is what I want Disney to build me…so I’m grasping at the scarecrow to get it…” area

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Original Poster
It really belongs in the “this is what I want Disney to build me…so I’m grasping at the scarecrow to get it…” area
Deep down I know AC will never come to WDW. But maybe some of the ride systems and tech will make it to WDW. The TDS Peter Pan ride system is rumored to be used in the Avengers Multiverse attraction. Maybe the ride system can be ported over to WDW with a different theme.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Deep down I know AC will never come to WDW. But maybe some of the ride systems and tech will make it to WDW. The TDS Peter Pan ride system is rumored to be used in the Avengers Multiverse attraction. Maybe the ride system can be ported over to WDW with a different theme.
No I hear you.

I think the harsh reality is that we will see very little of consequence in domestic parks for quite some time.

The writing would be “on the wall”…except there are no walls…so no where to put the writing

Cmdr_Crimson

Although finding DC and six flag rights is almost impossible, many assume its the same as looney tunes.
Six Flags owns the theme park rights to DC and Looney Tunes, and that deal would not change with NBCUniversal buying Warner Bros. Discovery, just as Universal Orlando's deal with Marvel did not change when Disney bought Marvel. The only way for Universal to get access to DC and Looney Tunes would be to buy those rights from Six Flags, or to buy Six Flags in its entirety.
I think Universal would be smarter to find some IPs that arent being utilized such as willy wonka. Alton towers had a really cool attraction for years and it just screams boat ride done on a universal or Disney budget.
https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/ride/charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory/

Hanna barbara nor looney tunes is going to touch mickey mouse and friends.

As far as Hanna Barbara it wouldnt be the first time
View attachment 695168
Same thing as Tom And Jerry now owned by WB were at Disney MGM to promote their 92 film..You know the one where they talk..
079609266ed02a7e214f9f4de526a74a.jpg

Tom Morrow

Could Disney do something better than Marvel Superhero Island (aside from Spider-Man, which is legions better than Disney's attempt at a Spider-Man ride) with the rights? Absolutely.

Do I want them to get the rights? Absolutely not! You know at this point they're just itching to retheme every classic ride to Marvel.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could Disney do something better than Marvel Superhero Island (aside from Spider-Man, which is legions better than Disney's attempt at a Spider-Man ride) with the rights? Absolutely.

Do I want them to get the rights? Absolutely not! You know at this point they're just itching to retheme every classic ride to Marvel.
They’re into free money…which is exactly what they get now

They’re also into raising ticket prices for us to go and ride the same stuff they have now…and we keep doing it so why bother changing that?

MickeyMouse10

I don't think that Universal would give Marvel to it's main competitor.

But if for some reason they did, I wouldn't want Disney to put it in Hollywood Studios. Because cheapskate Disney would retheme Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster to it.

wdwfan4ver

Universal has no motive to give up Marvel theme parks despite Simpsons expiring in 2028. While Simpsons is part of pop culture, the show is way past its prime. There is more current life for Marvel than Simpsons.

Universal is doing tourists going to Florida theme parks a favor by having Marvel rights to certain characters, and Marvel Families instead of Disney. I hate saying that, but it is the truth. The other thing with Simpsons is Universal Studios Hollywood has a Simpsons land besides USF and USH has space issues.

Avengers Campus based on what is open for attractions worldwide is a mess at this point. I know Disney hasn't opened all Avenger Campus rides yet, but what Disney has been doing attractions that were rethemed to Marvel attractions is concerning from a quality standpoint. If Disney gets all Marvel theme park rights, WDW would be getting questionable attractions in multiple parks like MK and DHS at least.

Avengers Campus worldwide has three rides that opened to mixed or worse reviews already. Web slingers is a worse Spider-man ride than Universal has despite Web Slingers being the younger attraction. To top it off, You need to spend extra money for add-on peripheral for the ride that helps riders get higher scores:rolleyes:. Avengers Assemble: Flight Force opened up to mixed reviews as a roller coaster last year with people feeling the theming of the coaster felt incomplete. I read Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle! is one of the worst rides Disney theme parks have worldwide with it being a much worse version of Buzz Lightyear:banghead:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom