Avatar - This is what I'm saying

SCOTLORR

If I said the boat ride was a relatively short, pretty Looking C ticket would this be the right thread?
Would a pretty looking c-ticket be something to be happy about? If FEA is any clue, the animatronics in NRJ will be to die for, just as long as they can stay functional. I'm just really worried about the length of this ride, which i'm guessing is the reason your labeling it a c-ticket.

doctornick

I value Martin's opinion greatly, but will note that he's tended to be disinterested in this expansion and I wonder if that might color his assessment. I think @RSoxNo1 is right that NRJ will be a C-ticket in length but should be higher quality in terms of execution. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I expect high quality AAs, good integration of screens with the overall scenes and movement of the boats and an overall good ambiance with sound and sights. I think both Rohde and Cameron have high enough standards that it will be an enjoyable ride.

That said, the relatively short length (we're expecting about 5 minutes, right?) is so frustrating when there is tons of land available. No reason they couldn't have made the building larger and done something more like an 8-10 minute ride. Seems short-sighted on Disney's part.

TyTrap

Not to sound argumentative, but I am not missing the point. To me fan and brand do go hand in hand for something to last. If the area doesn't get the pull that other parts of the park gets, it won't last. However, that can't be argued at the moment because its not open. I am sure it will do well and be well executed. What I am saying is that I don't see the attraction of it personally. But from this thread alone it does seem to have major excitement among Disney fans, so thats all that matters. What I like matters not in the scheme of things. I will still give it a go when I head to Disney next time and like I mentioned in previous posts, I may very well like and get it once I am there. :)
Thanks for your rebutle :) I know Disney parks have a lot of non branded rides and attractions in their parks. Take expedition Everest for example, it is just a ride created for animal kingdom. It's the parks most popular attraction. Not to put you on the spot but my question to you is say James Cameron never made avatar but instead pitched an idea to imagineering to make a land based on a world he created for a movie that was never produced (avatar being the implied movie). Do you think those that didn't enjoy avatar and don't like it being a land in animal kingdom would have a different opinion about this considering avatar the movie never existed in this hypothetical situation?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I value Martin's opinion greatly, but will note that he's tended to be disinterested in this expansion and I wonder if that might color his assessment..

I'm neutral. Actually I'm quite looking forward to this. But new information has come to light - shall we say - that labels this a C. No personal feelings involved.

I'm afraid the numbers banded around in theory on the boards are optimistic too.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

If I said the boat ride was a relatively short, pretty Looking C ticket would this be the right thread?
Ugh crud.

I had my hopes up for classic Disney quality, a long, slow winding boat trip through pretty scenery. Disney rides are too short nowadays, three minutes doesn't cut it for rides that seek to immerse the audience into another world.

The Empress Lilly

It sounds like the length is going to be what makes it a C, not the quality.
It's almost difficult to evade risqué comparisons here...but I'll gather what little willpower I have in me and try!

Three minutes versus ten minutes IS a matter of quality. The former is a forgettable experience, the latter an event. They're almost entirely different experiences. Sadly, even the best of quality would be wasted, would only aggravate the frustration, if the experience is far too short to truly engross the spectator.

BrianLo

I'm neutral. Actually I'm quite looking forward to this. But new information has come to light - shall we say - that labels this a C. No personal feelings involved.

I'm afraid the numbers banded around in theory on the boards are optimistic too.

Just for a total frame of reference, is the new Frozen ride a C or a D ticket to you?

Edit: Scratch that.. I read between the lines. They are internally labeling it as a C- on plans still.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's almost difficult to evade risqué comparisons here...but I'll gather what little willpower I have in me and try!

Three minutes versus ten minutes IS a matter of quality. The former is a forgettable experience, the latter an event. They're almost entirely different experiences. Sadly, even the best of quality would be wasted, would only aggravate the frustration, if the experience is far too short to truly engross the spectator.

My wife has a similar opinion.

HouseHacker97

are you allowed to share anything to help us understand? is it just because it will be short? I thought it would include plenty of sets, AA's, screens, music, technology? sounds like how it was described by JR as a D ticket and significantly more entertaining than FEA

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
are you allowed to share anything to help us understand? is it just because it will be short? I thought it would include plenty of sets, AA's, screens, music, technology? sounds like how it was described by JR as a D ticket and significantly more entertaining than FEA
It will be nice no doubt. It'll look fantastic. Plenty of protection technology. Not very long. Not many AAs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom