Avatar (the movie) and its Sequels

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Avatar sequels begin actual filming really for real next week: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/avatar/267694/avatar-sequels-finally-start-filming-next-week...
A start date of September 25th has apparently been confirmed, with the technology required now fully in place, and pre-production complete.

Summary of Avatar reviews at its Wiki...

The film received mostly positive reviews. On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 83% based on 293 reviews, with a rating average of 7.5/10. The site's consensus reads "It might be more impressive on a technical level than as a piece of storytelling, but Avatar reaffirms James Cameron's singular gift for imaginative, absorbing filmmaking."[221] On Metacritic — which assigns a weighted mean score — the film has a score of 83 out of 100 based on 35 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".[222] CinemaScore polls conducted during the opening weekend revealed the average grade cinemagoers gave Avatar was "A" on an A+ to F scale. Every demographic surveyed was reported to give this rating. These polls also indicated that the main draw of the film was its use of 3D.[223]

Disneyhead'71

Put me down for Avatar 2 being a flop of epic proportions. And even with Avatar 3-27 already shot, not one will get put together.

And Cameron will go back to trying to take his submarine to the moon.

Tick Tock

I wasn't head over heels for the first movie, but I certainly didn't hate it either. My excitement level for what happens next in the series couldn't be more indifferent than it already is, but that doesn't mean I won't give it a try at the theater if it looks promising enough. Time will tell. There are far worse movies out there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
'The new stars of the Avatar sequel movies are 7 - 17 years old.'

What the? Cameron's filming a Disney Channel tween soap now? o_O

Maybe expanding the genre? If it was four more movies of good guy ecologists teaming with the Na'vi to fight the bad guy exploiters, then people (and maybe even you) would be howling about four knock-off clone movies.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
IMG_1302.JPG

Oooooh....Avatar Decendants. Who's the choreographer for the movie? ;)

champdisney

I’m going to remain a tad optimistic with these sequels. I just think it’s funny that the second installment was supposed to be released this Holiday season but when Disney pushed back on Episode 8’s release for that timeframe, Jim Cameron didn’t want no part of it. Time will tell on what we’ll get with these sequels.

Fox&Hound

Oscar Winner Kate Winslet is joining the cast of the Avatar Sequels (link found here)... She is a pretty big name. That is exciting!

As a side note, I am still not sure why people are rooting for these things to fail. Don't we want this franchise to do well so Pandora in AK continues to get love (and maybe one more ride or experience down the line).

erasure fan1

Yeah ... I'm still holding the over/under at 2.5 movies ever get theatrical releases.
I think the 2nd movie will be theatrical 100%. Now 3, 4 and 5, all depend on how number 2 does. I remember reading Cameron saying he would definitely release the first 2 sequels and if they did well, he would continue. I see Disney only giving a guarantee to one.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'd like to point out how poorly the quasi military forces were portrayed. The wildlife and natives would have been easy to eliminate with those exposed nerve bundles. Sarina or VX would have taken care of the rather quickly.

Phroobar

Avatar 2: Journey to a New World

Jack Sully (Sam Worthington) goes missing after soldiers try to capture him on charges of treason that were trumped up by devious Colonel Miles Quaritch's twin brother, General Ogden Quaritch (Stephen Lang). Jack's longtime love, Navi princess Neytiri (Zoe Saldana) , is devastated by the news. In the meantime she must voyage to Earth as an ambassador. With her guide, a cloned Dr. Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver), Neytiri enters a strange new world, determined prevent an unjust war against her people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom