Tim_4

Original Poster
No offence but that doesn't seem that "BIG" of an expansion to me ...
What are people around here assuming was spent on Fantasyland and DCA? I may have oversold DAK when I said it was between those two if everyone has different perceptions of what those two cost.

twebber55

Nf
What are people around here assuming was spent on Fantasyland and DCA? I may have oversold DAK when I said it was between those two if everyone has different perceptions of what those two cost.
nfl was addition by subtraction this is totally all new addition without losing anything so i can see this as certainly adding 3 to 4 hours to my stays at dak

gonnichi

I'm glad to hear that this expansion may be larger then the FLE, but personally I still don't seem to be very excited about Avatar. I only go to AK like once in every 4 trips to WDW. I love the Safari, Everest, Nemo, Lion King, and dinosaur. I am sure I will enjoy the Avatar Rides as well. I just don't think it will get me to spend much more time in AK or go there more often then once every 4 years.

If they were to build a Star Wars land in DHS I would be spending extra days there. Seriously I would have to spend extra days at DHS just because I love that park and having Star Wars there would be so amazing. I just wish AK would be getting a land that excites me as much as Star Wars does.

ToTBellHop

If it includes what you say it includes, it would be the biggest expansion at WDW since they built Animal Kingdom.

SirLink

If it includes what you say it includes, it would be the biggest expansion at WDW since they built Animal Kingdom.

What?

I'm picturing something between pretty band aid and beautiful band aid

ToTBellHop

Eh? Major additions are needed at each of the 4 parks.
Your expectations may be a bit unreasonable given what is currently in the works for WDW. A billion+ dollars of expansion is a lot, and that's roughly how much would be spent at WDW between now and the end of the decade...with new attractions at all 4 Theme Parks and a nice update at Downtown Disney.

Tim_4

Original Poster
Your expectations may be a bit unreasonable given what is currently in the works for WDW. A billion+ dollars of expansion is a lot, and that's roughly how much would be spent at WDW between now and the end of the decade...with new attractions at all 4 Theme Parks and a nice update at Downtown Disney.
Aim higher. DAK, FLE, and DTD are closer to $2 billion, completely ignoring Next Gen.

doctornick

Eh? Major additions are needed at each of the 4 parks.

To be honest, I don't think major additions are needed at MK. If there were additions at other parks spreading out the guests, the need for increased capacity at MK would be lessened. That's not to say that new stuff at MK wouldn't be appreciated and beneficial, but it does not have the same pressing needs that the other parks (especially DAK and DHS) have.

I'm actually fine with major additions to DAK (Pandora/night show) and DHS (Cars Land/ Monsters Inc coaster/Star Wars) plus some lesser additions to Epcot (new Imagination or Energy ride? WS additions?) would be fine if they also spend money upkeeping/maintaining current attractions. And also update DS as announced. Suggesting that they need new E-tickets at all the parks plus lesser stuff is IMHO a bit unreasonable to expect or hope for.

ToTBellHop

Aim higher. DAK, FLE, and DTD are closer to $2 billion, completely ignoring Next Gen.
True...and add DHS expansion and an update at Epcot and I think people are really being a bit ridiculous in claiming that's not enough. I admittedly underestimated how much the DTD project will cost...clearly a fortune when you think about it.

djlaosc

When I read what you post, I thought by scope and scale, that you were talking about...

FLE: Second Dumbo, Enchanted Tales with Belle, The Little Mermaid, Seven Dwarf's Mine Coaster, Goofini, Fairytale Hall, B&TB Area, Ariel M&G, Circusland M&G

DCA: Toy Story Midway Mania!, Mickey's Sun Wheel, Blue Sky Cellar, Buena Vista Street, Silly Symphony Swings, World of Color, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Goofy's Sky School, Cars Land, Radiator Springs Racers, Luigi's Tires, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

...not...

FLE: $350m-$500m (or whatever it was, I think I may be getting confused with Cars Land/WWOHP)
DCA: $1.1bn

Attractions, not money... (although in both of the above lists, there are refthemes - not a lot you can retheme in DAK at the moment.)

SirLink

Most people here don't. They think a billion dollars of spend should equal a billion dollars of fun but it doesn't always work that way.

But likewise I don't understand why it is costing close to $2billion on it though. The way I see it there has been a lack of true investment 2 rides + merch/dining + nighttime entertainment doesn't cut it anymore for me to be excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom