AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

That would be my guess, it looks like there is a full staircase there that might require the ramps:

View attachment 169335

View attachment 169336

Aside from the details we will get from walking through the extensive queues for the 2 rides, I always assumed that there would be some attempt at a Pandora cultural center, focusing on the Na'vi culture, animals and plants native to this moon, Hometree, etc (this would probably be home to a gift shop as well). I was wondering if the building with the teal-colored sides might be something like that.

rioriz

Aside from the details we will get from walking through the extensive queues for the 2 rides, I always assumed that there would be some attempt at a Pandora cultural center, focusing on the Na'vi culture, animals and plants native to this moon, Hometree, etc (this would probably be home to a gift shop as well). I was wondering if the building with the teal-colored sides might be something like that.
Pretty Accurate from what I know. Expect "storytellers", "street performances", and self guided exploratory stops to help fill the the gaps of the two rides

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, October 14. Some of the construction fence and fabric on the side of the bridge to Avatar land has been removed and the "new" bridge is now visible from the Nomad Lounge and deck. The bridge sports a "green" paint job with vines "growing" on the bridge support structure. There are also new lamp posts which appear to be tree limbs inserted into rusty columns attached to the bridge.

IMG_8483.JPG

IMG_8481.JPG

IMG_8484.JPG

Cesar R M

Exactly what I was thinking. A gift shop is always a must on the "main attraction" of the area.

Sped2424

Has this changed? I thought the rumor was late spring of 2017 maybe Earth Day?
They are guessing. So far people are thinking earth day period 2017 but that too is an educated guess. Given how far along things look I would hope this could be open before fall 2017.

Daveeeeed

I was tentatively thinking May 2017 but an outrageous deal to Europe happened. I'll be there early Fall 2017 when the crowds have hopefully melted away.

I expect all of your reports and opinions!
Brilliant time to go! We're going Thanksgiving week this year and next year probably a week in late September. It's going to be tempting not to watch YouTube videos of the ride. We might go for one day in February though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom