AVATAR land construction progress

DisDan

Late April 2017, but I am by no means an insider, just a huge fan of this expansion.

Yea, my family has a Trip planned from June 3- June 12 of next year. I know it wont be done by then, but I was hoping we would at least get an almost completed look at the new land when we visit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks like the large show building has quite a tall door that reminds me of the buildings used for the space shuttle. Maybe something large is being built off site and will be brought in later. Perhaps they even learned something from Expedition Everest and made an exit/access door for some large animatronic.

I assume you are referring to this. That is not one door, but appears to provide access to each of the levels of the building.

Capture.JPG

motox7

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought there would be no Animatronics on the flying attraction.
There was talks at some point of the vehicle that you would be on could possibly be one of the banshee's from the movie and that could have some animatronic elements to it but I don't know the status of that anymore .

TyTrap

There was talks at some point of the vehicle that you would be on could possibly be one of the banshee's from the movie and that could have some animatronic elements to it but I don't know the status of that anymore .
I've been saying this for awhile I believe that the seating for the ride will be very similar to Vekoma Pandora's box ride system. Instead of the seats being right next to each other like on soarin there will be something in the middle either an animatronic banshee torso or a screen cutout in the shape of a banshee with projection mapped animation of the banshee on it to match better with the video on the big screen.

180º

Pic of this fictional "door" you speak of? :angelic:
Well, the door isn't exactly yeti-sized, but that's what it's for. As others have said time and again on this site:
But they don't need to shut down the ride to take the Yeti out. He comes out the bottom and out the back. Of course they don't want to run the ride while they're taking him out for safety reasons, but they could take him out rather quickly, put him on a truck, and take him out the back.

It's the one on the lower left, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
r-1359218839-463-1.jpg

Goofyque'

I had thought I read in the past that it was not the Yeti so much as his/her foundation. That the movement was compromising the structural base. (Great pic 180*)

180º

I had thought I read in the past that it was not the Yeti so much as his/her foundation. That the movement was compromising the structural base. (Great pic 180*)
I'm no insider, so I don't know the exact issue, but I remember there being some discussion that the structural issues were with the horizontal boom that connects to the yeti's back. It's the piece that supports him and pushes him back and forth with crazy amounts of force.

Those floating mountains are starting to look a little suspicious. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom