AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
No kidding. It's been several weeks since we've seen anything. I was on nearmap.com but nothing has been updated since December 2014. I would like to have some information about the boat ride. I hope Disney actually upped the budget on this part of the project.

Nearmap is behind schedule with a new image. Their capture plan says they will do the Orlando area three times a year.

Atomicmickey

Nearmap is behind schedule with a new image. Their capture plan says they will do the Orlando area three times a year.

Well, that's completely unacceptable! Don't they know we need to SEE!

I won't be happy until I can go on Google Earth, tell a friend to step outside their house
and wave, and I see it in real time. Just like the Alien Lizard Illuminati Shadow Government
can do right now.;)

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I checked DHS on google earth one day and saw the hat was down to just the outer ring/ brim of hat left. When I just checked the hat was intact. :/ I was hoping to see SOME changes... Bummer

articos

I'll have a look at a recent aerial, when I find one anyways, it has been quite some time since I checked any Avatar threads so i'm pretty behind. Not sure what i'll be looking for once I find one however. The last overheads I saw some months ago seemed to line up well with the leaked blueprints. It's just that the blueprints didn't show the outside portions of the boat ride, it only had the part that went inside the first level of the simulator show building.

One post from Martin a month ago still has him referring to the "possible" boat ride as a C ticket.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-land-construction-progress.877041/page-77#post-6688518

I'm also assuming that the "third ride" rumored turned out to be untrue as 74 suspected.

EDIT: Is this photo the latest aerial shot?-
full

If so, what should I be looking for?
Wonder what that dark rectangle is.

MerlinTheGoat

Wonder what that dark rectangle is.
You mean to the right of the main showbuilding with all the cars parked outside? Are you asking, or do you know something?

It appears to be a moderate sized building, don't know if it's large enough to house part of a ride or other attraction. Based solely on the size, I don't imagine it would be used for a major attraction or ride, it seems like a very short building (if that's what it is). I doubt it's an extra scene for the boat ride anyways. I guess it could be some sort of foundation or perhaps even a stage of sorts.

Though I do find it interesting that all of those cars are parked out front and that that area is separated from the rest of the construction zone by a temporary barrier (basic black plastic tarps attached to posts commonly seen at construction zones). The cars may point towards the building serving a temporary purpose for use by construction crews. Or perhaps storage of some sort. It may only be a temporary building. On the other hand it could end up as either a retail location or backstage building for cast members. Don't know.

articos

No. Not that. The other one.
You mean to the right of the main showbuilding with all the cars parked outside? Are you asking, or do you know something?

It appears to be a moderate sized building, don't know if it's large enough to house part of a ride or other attraction. Based solely on the size, I don't imagine it would be used for a major attraction or ride, it seems like a very short building (if that's what it is). I doubt it's an extra scene for the boat ride anyways. I guess it could be some sort of foundation or perhaps even a stage of sorts.

Though I do find it interesting that all of those cars are parked out front and that that area is separated from the rest of the construction zone by a temporary barrier (basic black plastic tarps attached to posts commonly seen at construction zones). The cars may point towards the building serving a temporary purpose for use by construction crews. Or perhaps storage of some sort. It may only be a temporary building. On the other hand it could end up as either a retail location or backstage building for cast members. Don't know.
Merely pointing something out......
The construction office complex.
That's correct for that building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom