AVATAR land construction progress

startraveler

took a backstage tour last weekend. We loaded into a van back in the parking lot where they keep all the safari trucks. (we were there before opening and while we were loading the safari drivers were starting to come out to their trucks.) We couldn't have our cameras, but there is a REALLY good view of the main avatar building and area from that parking lot. Wish I had long to study it.

Shaman

Has there been any indication about whether this will open in phases or if it will just open when all the components are complete? Some of the work seems pretty far along for a late 2017 opening.

I'd be happy if they at least opened up the paths in that area before 2017...to get a closer look.

Bolt

Has there been any indication about whether this will open in phases or if it will just open when all the components are complete? Some of the work seems pretty far along for a late 2017 opening.

I'd be happy if they at least opened up the paths in that area before 2017...to get a closer look.
Opening paths in the area would only slow construction because they couldn't do certain construction with people in the area. Also I don't think it's been specified when in 2017 it'll open.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Since this is an entirely new land, I am leaning toward them opening all at once, or at least the 2 attractions we know about, and at least one restaurant and store.

After that all bets are off. If they have immediate plans for more restaurants, attractions and/or stores, they will open as soon as they are complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom