wdw_lisa61

Original Poster
I haven't been to AK since this ride opened. Is it similar to Soarin' or the Star Wars ride? Does it cause motion sickness?

StarWarsGirl

I did experience motion sickness on it, and I don't typically experience motion sickness on Star Tours or Soarin, (Mission Space Orange Team, yes). No one else in my party did, though.

You're very close to the screen. Not as close as Mission Space. Think like front row of Star Tours close.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I never get motion sickness, yet this ride makes me a little queasy at times. I think it is the "wind" and the scents. I'm sensitive to certain smells and whatever is in this one smells fine but makes me a little nauseous. A couple minutes after getting off I'm usually okay though.

I am Timmy

I was the opposite, all motion simulators make me nauseous - this one actually didn't! First time I thought it might, then it went away and I was good to go. After that first time, I was okay. That means a great deal to me, since I can't ride any other motion simulator I've tried. Good luck!

becca_

Soarin' and Star Tours both made me feel nauseous the last time I rode but FoP did not. I think its a very personal thing - everyone is different. I hope you get to ride!! Good luck. It's amazing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am normally good with one ride on Star Tours, E:E or M:S with only minor motion sickness. I could ride Soarin all day.

FoP had me right on the edge of hurling, but it was totally worth it.

DisneyGigi

I don’t do Mission Space Intense because I am afraid of the spinning. Star Tours only bothers me if I look away from the screen. Soarin’ doesn’t bother me at all. This ride did not make me sick at all. I loved it! It is the best ride I have ever been on ever. I love roller coasters and simulators just don’t normally have that feeling you get on drops. This was amazing! It felt completely real, yet without the slight sickness I can sometimes get from these type rides. Do it, you will love it and as long as you look forward at the screen which is amazing, I don’t think it will bother you. We had fastpasses. I wouldn’t wait two hours for it... but I would wait an hour. It is that good of a ride IMO. (And I don’t wait more than 30 for anything lol)

BoarderPhreak

FoP is kind of like Soarin' in the sense that you're flying... But cranks it up well past "eleven." Instead of sitting, you're in a bicycle/motorcycle position as you're "straddling your banshee" (and you can even feel it breathing between your legs). What you see is also quite different; Soarin' is a 360º vision sort of experience while FoP is closer to VR (Virtual Reality) thanks to the goggles, which give you 3D (both visual and auditory). Soarin' gives you scents and wind while FoP gives you water droplets and wind.

FoP is the most insane experience. If you do nothing else - do FoP. I lost count of how many times I thought and/or actually said out loud, "wow." I've always dreamed being able to fly and this is as real as it gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom