News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland

Parteecia

ITM is not a, how shall I put it... a *stable* source.

Links to there are not allowed here because of their off-the-wall, unsourced rumors; and plagiarism of a parody site that it tries to pass off as real with only the tiniest wink that it's not real -- all done out of spite because they're angry at something Disney did. It's just gross clickbaiting.
Thank you. I found the stories amusing, whatever their level of truth. And I know nothing will come of my wishes. But I really don't care for Avatar and would love some Doctor Who instead.

MoonRakerSCM

ITM is not a, how shall I put it... a *stable* source.

Links to there are not allowed here because of their off-the-wall, unsourced rumors; and plagiarism of a parody site that it tries to pass off as real with only the tiniest wink that it's not real -- all done out of spite because they're angry at something Disney did. It's just gross clickbaiting.
ITM is an absolutely horrid site that should be scrubbed from the internet forever. Clickbait 'articles' written in the most offensive manner I've ever seen. I started getting some of them in my feed a long while back... and clicked on them out of curiosity... and that lasted about 3 times until I did everything I could to block that site from popping up for me everywhere I can.

"Disney releasing follow up to X".... "a bunch of senseless AI written crap"... "A Disney CM drew this picture of an idea they had for a X story and put it on their personal tiktok"

BrianLo

And yet...
  • Neither WDW or Disneyland has a night parade in any park, and there is only one (1) day parade on offer in both resorts. And no new parade, day or night, has been announced as under development for either coast.
  • Neither WDW or Disneyland has a new ride under construction in any park, but both resorts desperately need ride capacity.
  • WDW only has one (1) boat on its large Rivers of America complex, but desperately needs additional ride capacity in Magic Kingdom.
  • WDW cancelled its announced Hyperion-esque large theater complex project for Main Street USA.
  • While the Hyperion Theater at DCA is sitting dark indefinitely, with no known show in development for it.

No one implied they spend how fans want them to. DVC towers instead of parades and shows. Cruise ships instead of boats on the ROA :)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Photo of Jon Landau (Avatar Producer) visiting Walt Disney Imagineering.

That makes me hopeful that DLR's avatar "experience" will be a full blown land. I also think it's not a coincidence that this came out after that council meeting for DL Forward. Now there is the matter of where it will go. Micechat claims Avatar will replace Hollywoodland at DCA. But the concept art for Disneyland Forward shows something that could resemble an avatar land in the Simba lot AKA DCA's DL Forward plot.

Anything that replaces Hollywoodland needs DL forward as they need to reroute that monorail beam. In your opinion, if Avatar is indeed going to DCA, where would Disney be more likely to put it? Hollywoodland or the Simba lot?

Consumer

Bob just mentioned this on the Morgan Stanley call.

"We have an Avatar land in Florida, and we are bringing one to Disneyland".

Really sounds like we are getting the full land, or something like it.
I could do without it, and I like Avatar just fine. Why do we need a full land when a singular attraction in Tomorrowland would be sufficient? Galaxy's Edge was a mistake, and this will be too.

J4546

damn, i kinda like how avatarland is exclusive to AK in the states.....I love Avatar land but really like parks having different options....though also everything else in AK is unique to that park, kinda like California Adventure so its not too bad.But CA already has Soarin so a Soarin 2.0 is....I much rather they built out a proper Navi River Journey using Shanghais PotC ride system and also giving CA another huge water based attraction (they are my fave)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom