News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's an update from Disneyland Resort via Laughing Place.

"UPDATE (3:30 p.m. PT): After the publication of this article, The Disneyland Resort reached out to Laughing Place to say that they have not announced the location of the Avatar Experience. It’s unclear whether Beatty misspoke or inadvertently announced the location. Below is our original report."

mickEblu

I think he slipped. When you say California Adventure that has a specific meaning. Had he said Disneyland then they could have said “well he meant the Disneyland resort.”

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am also skeptical that Hollywoodland is earmarked for more Marvel considering the current state of the MCU.

Marvel has over 20 movies, the vast majority extremely successful. Not to mention the successful TV series and comics.

Other mini-lands have had only one or two successful movies to be used in the parks.

You don't need the latest MCU films to be successful to double down on Marvel IP in the parks.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Marvel has over 20 movies, the vast majority extremely successful. Not to mention the successful TV series and comics.

Other mini-lands have had only one or two successful movies to be used in the parks.

You don't need the latest MCU films to be successful to double down on Marvel IP in the parks.
If they ever did more Marvel, they should make the land more catch all like the Multiverse ride assuming it hasn't been put on the back burner for this Avatar experience.

mickEblu

Assuming DCA gets Pandora with two rides and the Avengers E ticket that’ll go along way in changing peoples perception of it being a half day park. I’d still like to see it get a Coco ride and at least something based on classic Disney IP. If it’s going to be Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar or Disney (or Fox) then I’ll take some classic Disney. Realistically the only classic Disney IP (Golden Age) that I feel would have a shot would be Neverland. It would be kind of cool to see the Pirate ship and skull rock resurrected across the esplanade with a ride or two. More likely however if DCA gets more Disney it’ll be Encanto, Moana or Zootopia.

Is a non single IP land even in the cards anymore? Id take the proposed villains land (prefer it in Disneyland Forward in a perfect world) from MK or South American Fantasy Springs with rides based on UP, Encanto and Saludos Amigos.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Assuming DCA gets Pandora with two rides and the Avengers E ticket that’ll go along way in changing peoples perception of it being a half day park. I’d still like to see it get a Coco ride and at least something based on classic Disney IP. If it’s going to be Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar or Disney (or Fox) then I’ll take some classic Disney. Realistically the only classic Disney IP (Golden Age) that I feel would have a shot would be Neverland. It would be kind of cool to see the Pirate ship and skull rock resurrected across the esplanade with a ride or two. More likely however if DCA gets more Disney it’ll be Encanto, Moana or Zootopia.

Is a non single IP land even in the cards anymore? Id take the proposed villains land (prefer it in Disneyland Forward in a perfect world) from MK or South American Fantasy Springs with rides based on UP, Encanto and Saludos Amigos.
I just want to point out there has been no blue sky concept with the exception of Zootopia pitched for Hollywood Studios to replace either the Animation Courtyard and the backstage areas behind it on Indiana Jones or Star tours. Maybe a catch all land themed to something like say Disney Animation could be in the works for that park.

mickEblu

I just want to point out there has been no blue sky concept with the exception of Zootopia pitched for Hollywood Studios to replace either the Animation Courtyard and the backstage areas behind it on Indiana Jones or Star tours. Maybe a catch all land themed to something like say Disney Animation could be in the works for that park.

That makes me worry about them considering Zootopia for our Hollywood backlot. I mean it would be an improvement for sure but not my first choice. Or fifth.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I’d be good with them just focusing all their resources for Pandora on one super ticket instead of splitting it between two attractions. Give us the Avatar version of Shanghai’s POTC instead of FOP and Navi River Journey.
Then put a smaller D-ticket ride in the spot that currently has the Sunset Showcase theater.

mickEblu

Then put a smaller D-ticket ride in the spot that currently has the Sunset Showcase theater.

If the budget allows then sure. Just trying to say I think DCA could use a ride that will really WOW people. Doesn’t sound like Avengers will be that. I’d take one show stopper over Soarin 2.0 and a mediocre boat ride. The more I think about it I don’t think FOP will be coming to DCA. Granted they can save money by cloning but I feel like that ship has sailed. FOP is 10 years old. Part 2 came out last year and with another 3 sequels on the way I’m not sure that’s the smartest route to take.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

My gut tells me we'll be saying goodbye to Grizzly Peak for some kind of Avatar transformation. Which would be gut-wrenching. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm mentally prepared for the worst and will need to get in a handful of visits to, and lots of photos of, the area sometime soon. Just in case.

This (persistent) rumor is totally bewildering to me. Why mess with a land that works, when Hollywoodland is right there? Soarin’ is beloved. And it’s not like Grizzly River Run would be easy to bulldoze/replace. Unless we’re talking a Na’vi rapids? Makes no sense.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

This (persistent) rumor is totally bewildering to me. Why mess with a land that works, when Hollywoodland is right there? Soarin’ is beloved. And it’s not like Grizzly River Run would be easy to bulldoze/replace. Unless we’re talking a Na’vi rapids? Makes no sense.
Plus it would screw with the placement of the Grand Californian
If the budget allows then sure. Just trying to say I think DCA could use a ride that will really WOW people. Doesn’t sound like Avengers will be that. I’d take one show stopper over Soarin 2.0 and a mediocre boat ride. The more I think about it I don’t think FOP will be coming to DCA. Granted they can save money by cloning but I feel like that ship has sailed. FOP is 10 years old. Part 2 came out last year and with another 3 sequels on the way I’m not sure that’s the smartest route to take.
Maybe some large scale trackless ride on par with Rise could work. As for Avengers, Disney getting cold feet on doing an E ticket for AC makes me feel they just can't figure out how to get the Multiverse concept down or they feel like parts of it like Thanos as the bad guy may not stand the test of time. Over on the Inside Universal forum one user seems to think that truth be told, they missed the boat for a proper, genre defining Avengers E ticket.

Consumer

Assuming the banshee animatronic is there, it sounds like it'll be better than the entirety of the Navi River ride. Honestly, a walkthrough in Hollywood Land sounds like the best case scenario to me, although I don't understand why it wouldn't just be in the old Carousel Theater in Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom