News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The pictures of Pandora in Florida at night from a couple days ago have me re-hyped for this project. I completely forgot how incredible it looks and it’ll be so fun just to walk around at night. Plus they could possibly do a cool light show at night. Can’t wait for more details of this
I think at DCA they can do even more lighting effects since they don't have to worry about the animal going to sleep early.

Misted Compass

The pictures of Pandora in Florida at night from a couple days ago have me re-hyped for this project. I completely forgot how incredible it looks and it’ll be so fun just to walk around at night. Plus they could possibly do a cool light show at night. Can’t wait for more details of this
The fact that DCA is consistently open after sundown alone will probably be enough to put it above DAK's version.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I will honestly be shocked and impressed if DCA ever routinely closes past 10. Disneyland is, as far as I’m aware, the only theme park in the world that routinely closes as late as it does.
Well with a few more things to do it would become a real full day park, so I’d be more shocked if it didn’t stay open as late as DL.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I wonder if DCA closing earlier, besides not being a real full day park, is if they want to manage how many people are leaving at the same time?
I’m sure that was the (excuse) reason originally, but if they build out DCA, as is expected now, it’ll be hard to explain why it closes 2 hours early while its sister next door stays open later.

BrianLo

They do have TDS and TDL closing at the same time. Granted the mass transit infrastructure is stronger and guests walk to the Maihama station versus take the monorail from TDS.

I think DLR, with a functional eastern gateway, should have the infrastructure to divert everyone simultaneously. It’s probably a big reason they’ve wanted to do it for so long.

truecoat

Throwing out some armchair imagineering.

If the plan is to build Avatar in The Hollywood backlot and bus loop area, then this new land will be very close to Tomorrowland. This could then give Disney an opportunity to connect the two lands, similar to the Hogwarts Express at Universal Florida, with an attraction that transports you from Tomorrowland (Earth) to Pandora. That type of attraction would fit with Tomorrowland's "space port" theming (although it does seem like they are moving away from that theme with rides like Tron at Magic Kingdom).

It doesn't make a ton of sense with the two movies we have now, because they don't dwell on space travel too much (although it is in there). But Jon Landau did say we are going to see a bit more of earth in the 5th movie. So it's possible that space travel becomes a bigger aspect of the series in those films and that is where the storyline for an attraction could come from.

Could be cool 🤷‍♂️

The monorail could be used since it is already in both parks and close to both locations.

MistaDee

I will honestly be shocked and impressed if DCA ever routinely closes past 10. Disneyland is, as far as I’m aware, the only theme park in the world that routinely closes as late as it does.

Closing times is one thing Disney does significantly better than Universal in my experience.

In terms of how many hours of stuff there is to do at DCA vs DL right now, it’s crazy to think that in 5 years (theoretically) DCA will add a new land and 5 new attractions.

That does a lot to help close the gap between the two

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom