News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

Professortango1

Not to worry, neither is Disney.
I just wish they would commit to either identity for the park. Its California focused, but its also not. RSR celebrates car culture and Pixar Pier celebrates our oceans and piers, but Avatar fits.....

No, wait. We're not focused on California, we are focused on IP's and movies and no longer care about California as a theme. Except for Grizzly Peak, which has no IP and is 100% cemented in California appreciation.

I just want Disney to make their choice and stick with it. I love the California idea but hated the execution. But with the current state of the park, I'd fully support moving away from California as a theme. Disney just needs to lock that in.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just wish they would commit to either identity for the park. Its California focused, but its also not. RSR celebrates car culture and Pixar Pier celebrates our oceans and piers, but Avatar fits.....

No, wait. We're not focused on California, we are focused on IP's and movies and no longer care about California as a theme. Except for Grizzly Peak, which has no IP and is 100% cemented in California appreciation.

I just want Disney to make their choice and stick with it. I love the California idea but hated the execution. But with the current state of the park, I'd fully support moving away from California as a theme. Disney just needs to lock that in.
I think they have made their choice and just dropped it from being California focused, Avatar being announced basically confirmed that, they just haven't rethemed Grizzly Peak yet but I suspect its coming soon enough.

etc98

I think they have made their choice and just dropped it from being California focused, Avatar being announced basically confirmed that, they just haven't rethemed Grizzly Peak yet but I suspect its coming soon enough.
Didn’t Josh say at the D23 panel that Soarin’ was his favorite (or at least one if his favorite) rides? I wonder if that’s what’s saved Grizzly Peak so far, is Josh doesn’t want to get rid of Soarin’.

Probably not, but sometimes I wonder how much personal opinion and feelings comes into these kinds of decisions.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Didn’t Josh say at the D23 panel that Soarin’ was his favorite (or at least one if his favorite) rides? I wonder if that’s what’s saved Grizzly Peak so far, is Josh doesn’t want to get rid of Soarin’.

Probably not, but sometimes I wonder how much personal opinion and feelings comes into these kinds of decisions.
I'm not sure if goes into decisions like this. But even if it did doesn't mean the land won't be rethemed to a specific IP later.

SuddenStorm

It's a hot take, but I would favor Avatar Land replacing the Grizzly area. Grizzly could be expanded and rethemed to Pandora or Avatar Mountain. Then Soarin' could be Soarin' over Pandora. There's a restaurant there already that could be rethemed. Then, there's room for expansion with the Redwood Creek area or the nearby Little Mermaid ride. I think it would be the quickest way to make Avatar land happen. But I'm also not attached to the California theming, tbh.

I disagree- only because that's the strongest area of DCA. Disney needs to stop messing with stuff that's excellent, and needs to start removing the weak areas of their parks.

DLR92

I would be so upset if they removed Grizzy Peak. It a well done area. It just shortsighted with lack of attractions with the hotel in the way. And no use of utilizing the mountain structure for another attraction. I never realized it about the same size as Jungle Cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom