Avatar construction aerial updates

RunnerEd

Wow it looks so good... the land is going to be amazing... and fun to explore.
Other than Main Street USA, I can't really think of a land at WDW that is completely immersive as Pandora appears to be. My wife and I went to DCA a couple of years ago; this looks to be Cars Land level immersion. It will be like walking into the movie (without the toxic atmosphere of course). I get the sense that Star Wars Land will be the same way but Toy Story Land won't be.

djkidkaz

Other than Main Street USA, I can't really think of a land at WDW that is completely immersive as Pandora appears to be. My wife and I went to DCA a couple of years ago; this looks to be Cars Land level immersion. It will be like walking into the movie (without the toxic atmosphere of course). I get the sense that Star Wars Land will be the same way but Toy Story Land won't be.

But Kathy Mangum told us in the announcement for Toy Story Land that it would be on par with Cars Land!!!

Even as there was a photo right behind her of concept art proving otherwise.

RunnerEd

So... you haven't visited Africa or Asia at AK then? :p
Of course I have. They did a great job with the lands you mentioned, Africa in particular. However, it's not an "I'm in the middle of a fictitious movie set; how in the _____ did they actually build this" feeling. You get that walking into Cars Land and Pandora looks to be able to deliver that "wow."

Atomicmickey

Of course I have. They did a great job with the lands you mentioned, Africa in particular. However, it's not an "I'm in the middle of a fictitious movie set; how in the _____ did they actually build this" feeling. You get that walking into Cars Land and Pandora looks to be able to deliver that "wow."

I've stated here before---I have a cousin who has traveled extensively in India, Nepal, and Tibet, and I sent him a pack of pics
of me in Asia and he thought I was actually there. It's pretty dang immersive.

But, alien land, yeah, I'll give you that.

This should be as immersive as WWOHP and CarsLand which are both very, very awesome.

Rlandrigan

I've stated here before---I have a cousin who has traveled extensively in India, Nepal, and Tibet, and I sent him a pack of pics

This should be as immersive as WWOHP and CarsLand which are both very, very awesome.
Two of my Kenyan coworkers both found Harambe to be a lot like 'home' - they were very impressed. AK has amazing design in it, Pandora looks to move that forward. We scheduled our trip for Memorial Day think we might not get to see Pandora, so we're kinda stoked that it opens as we arrive!:)

Mike S

Cars Land loses a few points for me due to how much of the rest of the park you see but it becomes a non issue the deeper you go. It's even worse now that Tower of Terror was thrown up on :depressed:

Atomicmickey

This entrance to CarsLand blows my mind . . .

Through_the_archway.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom