Availability SS Treehouse Villas

DavyPR

Original Poster
I just called member services for reserving the Treehouse villas for jan 2-8 of 2010 and they said there is no availability. 1 the economy is bad cut cut cut 2. home resort priority 3. whos planning january 2010 my question is how is it possible theres no availability 10 months in advance? Is that many people going on Jan 2 2010. :(

gardenia

There are ONLY 60 treehouse villas, and they're brand new and exciting and different. Of course they go quickly! And they probably always will. If SSR was my home and I wanted a treehouse I would call first thing at exactly 11 months out.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When you are booking DVC you are dealing with an entirely different animal. DVC members have already paid for their accommodations. If they can not rent or bank their points they are in a use it or loose it status, unlike non owners that can simply not travel and be out any money. Combine that with a very popular, very small resort and you have zero availability pretty much year round.

slappy magoo

I just called member services for reserving the Treehouse villas for jan 2-8 of 2010 and they said there is no availability. 1 the economy is bad cut cut cut 2. home resort priority 3. whos planning january 2010 my question is how is it possible theres no availability 10 months in advance? Is that many people going on Jan 2 2010. :(

I feel your pain, but come on. SSR is the largest DVC unit on property, so of course, anyone needing a 2BR, and most people needing a 3BR (but only traveling with 9 or fewer people), will probably try to get a Treehouse Villa first. Hell, I'm only a family of 3, but even if we don't travel with extended family next time out, Slappette knows I'm gunning for a Treehouse.
And last I checked, Jan 2 comes after Jan 1, the tail end of one of the busiest times of the year. You gotta expect there to be A LOT of stragglers extending their WDW vacation by a dew days. Just out of curiosity, did you check for other dates beyond a check-in of 1/2/10? Are you flexible with your dates? Are you willing to hop from resort to resort or room to room? It's entirely possible that a room would be available starting on the 3rd or 4th, or maybe for half of your stay. If you asked your question as such: "Is there a treehouse villa available for Jan 2-8, 2010?" then they're going to say "no" and possibly not go the extra mile. But if you ask what's available WITHIN that time frame, they might see a treehouse available for certain nights within your time frame, or a 6 night stay starting at a different date. They'll work with you, but they're not mindreaders. (And of course, my apologies if you tried all this already)

tjkraz

Also note that only half of the Treehouse points have been declared into the Condo Association. This is a legal requirement which basically takes guest rooms and adds them to the timeshare system.

Until the units are added to inventory and the points are sold, Disney owns them. And Disney has every right to rent the rooms to cash guests.

It's entirely possible that only 30 of the 60 Treehouse Villas are available for booking for the next few months until sales dictate they add the rest to the timeshare program. Assuming that happens sometime in late-2009, more Treehouses may open-up for early-2010 bookings. In other words, if you want a Treehouse for January, don't hesitate to get on the waitlist!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom