Auto Opinions Needed

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
I am NOT happy right now :fork:
The dealer called me this evening and said that they finally found an xA...but it's a 2006, so it may cost a couple hundred more, and they no longer offer black cherry pearl, so it would be salsa red. He claimed the salsa red and black cherry are nearly identical, and I'm going to go see exactly what the salsa red looks like tomorrow (he has another vehicle on the lot that's salsa red). But I'm still ed about it. I mean, I ordered it over a month ago, I SHOULD have it by now. It shouldn't be this difficult to find a 2005 black cherry xA. And if it IS supposed to be this difficult, then Scion needs to change their friggin system. I HAVE to have a car before Aug. 17...there's no way around it. The dealer knows this (and I'm not blaming any of this on him...I know he's doing what he can) and yet he said it'd be the first or second week of August before they can get the 2006 one in. ...I dunno...I'm just upset that I spent all the time worrying over what color to get, and it didn't even matter. To me, it's just the whole principle of the thing....I ordered a 2005 black cherry xA...all that's turned up is a 2006 salsa red....is there no where in the entire US that has a 2005 black cherry? I don't know how this stuff works...maybe they can't get it from just any lot...but this is seriously ridiculous. And maybe I'm being nit-picky and stubborn, but this is my first new car and, by gosh, I'm not settleing! :mad:

wdwishes2005

Dizknee_Phreek said:
The dealer called me this evening and said that they finally found an xA...but it's a 2006, so it may cost a couple hundred more, and they no longer offer black cherry pearl, so it would be salsa red. He claimed the salsa red and black cherry are nearly identical, and I'm going to go see exactly what the salsa red looks like tomorrow (he has another vehicle on the lot that's salsa red). But I'm still ed about it. I mean, I ordered it over a month ago, I SHOULD have it by now. It shouldn't be this difficult to find a 2005 black cherry xA. And if it IS supposed to be this difficult, then Scion needs to change their friggin system. I HAVE to have a car before Aug. 17...there's no way around it. The dealer knows this (and I'm not blaming any of this on him...I know he's doing what he can) and yet he said it'd be the first or second week of August before they can get the 2006 one in. ...I dunno...I'm just upset that I spent all the time worrying over what color to get, and it didn't even matter. To me, it's just the whole principle of the thing....I ordered a 2005 black cherry xA...all that's turned up is a 2006 salsa red....is there no where in the entire US that has a 2005 black cherry? I don't know how this stuff works...maybe they can't get it from just any lot...but this is seriously ridiculous. And maybe I'm being nit-picky and stubborn, but this is my first new car and, by gosh, I'm not settleing! :mad:

imho get an xB, we have one and it ROCKS.

maelstrom

I want a PT Cruiser so bad. How about a Mini Cooper? And you can't go wrong with a Honda Accord. My mom has a 2002 Accord and I just love it. I like it better than my 1996 Mercedes C220.

TiggerificChick

Dizknee_Phreek said:

Oh I hate it when those types of things happen! :fork: It's like they dangled a piece of meat in front of a starving animal and then took it away!!! It's torture I say, TORTURE!!! :lookaroun Ok maybe not so much, but it's still not fair to you! I hope everything works out for you! You never know, you might like this color better that the other one. Keep us posted! :wave:

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
TiggerificChick said:
Oh I hate it when those types of things happen! :fork: It's like they dangled a piece of meat in front of a starving animal and then took it away!!! It's torture I say, TORTURE!!! :lookaroun Ok maybe not so much, but it's still not fair to you! I hope everything works out for you! You never know, you might like this color better that the other one. Keep us posted! :wave:
lol, thanks! I went to the dealer today and the salsa red was a pretty color, but, for me, that wasn't the point at all. The bottom line was, I have yet to see a 2006 Scion and I refuse to buy a car that I've never seen. They've changed a few things on next year's model, and that's just not a risk I'm willing to take. So, we talked it over with him and he made it pretty clear that there were absolutely no black cherry xA's in the regions they trade with; he did, however, find one in Eastern TN, but it's out of their region and it had extra stuff on it that I didn't want, so it was going to cost a lot extra. So...I went back to the other two colors I had previously been debating over (black and indigo ink) and finally decided on black (although indigo ink is a gorgeous color, I can't see myself in a blue car). I guess I'm alright with it. I was still second guessing my black cherry choice anyway, but oh well... The only drawback I had with black was that I've heard how hard black vehicles are to keep clean...but I really don't keep up with cleaning my cars anyway, so hopefully it won't be a big deal. But he did find 3 black 2005 xA's, so I *should* have it no later than mid-August (hopefully before).

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Well, I am now a proud owner of a black 2005 Scion xA. It's a little weird to look outside and know that it's mine. I think I'm going to be car-sick for a little while, because I'm already missing my Camry, but I'm just trying to keep in mind that it'll just take a little while for me to get used to it. The LED lights are really cool, as are the cup-holder lights. I'll try to eventually get pics and post them. :)

cherrynegra

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Well, I am now a proud owner of a black 2005 Scion xA. It's a little weird to look outside and know that it's mine. I think I'm going to be car-sick for a little while, because I'm already missing my Camry, but I'm just trying to keep in mind that it'll just take a little while for me to get used to it. The LED lights are really cool, as are the cup-holder lights. I'll try to eventually get pics and post them. :)

Congratulations on the new car. Welcome to the Scion family. Trust me, I was completely lost when I had to give up my Ford Blazer and look for a new car. But I found my Scion xB and a new car to love. :lol:

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
Congratulations on the new car. Welcome to the Scion family. Trust me, I was completely lost when I had to give up my Ford Blazer and look for a new car. But I found my Scion xB and a new car to love. :lol:
Thanks! :) I'm sure my love for it will grow with time. I looked out the window at it earlier and was like "*big grin* He's beautiful" (because my car is a "he" unlike most other cars).
Did you know you can have your cd player "say" something when you start up the car? I had no idea about that until yesterday when the guy I bought it from told me (he said he's been driving the lot's xB for a year, and just found out about that two months ago, and that not a lot of people know about it.) I'm definitely getting in on that action! :D

cherrynegra

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Thanks! :) I'm sure my love for it will grow with time. I looked out the window at it earlier and was like "*big grin* He's beautiful" (because my car is a "he" unlike most other cars).
Did you know you can have your cd player "say" something when you start up the car? I had no idea about that until yesterday when the guy I bought it from told me (he said he's been driving the lot's xB for a year, and just found out about that two months ago, and that not a lot of people know about it.) I'm definitely getting in on that action! :D

WHAT???? Okay, when you've mastered it. Let me know how you did it. I got one of the first xBs to roll off the line and they never told me that!! :lol:

Aurora_25

Dizknee_Phreek said:

That's cool- my iPod hooks up directly to my stereo without the FM reciever stuff so I know how cool it is to have those "extras" especially when you don't expect them to be there :D

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
WHAT???? Okay, when you've mastered it. Let me know how you did it. I got one of the first xBs to roll off the line and they never told me that!! :lol:
Oh boy...it took me a while yesterday to figure it out. I had to have my sister help me, cause it's rather invovled. There was a small booklet in the glove box that says how to do it...so, I'm assuming you have that too. It's not the big manual (although, that may have it as well), but a booklet that has stuff about the cd player and sat. radio and all that. If you have that book, it should be on pages 17 & 18. It'll give you a step by step procedure.
You have to have the key on the "accesories" position; then while holding down on the "audio control" button, turn the car off; then hold down on the "mute" button and turn the key back to the "accersories" position. I think that will allow you to start scrolling through the letters, numbers, and symbols. One you have the symbol you want, push the "audio control" button to move onto the next space (push "mute" to delete a space). Once you have spelled out what you want, hold down on the "audio control" button.
I think that's how it goes. But check the booklet to make sure; I could have very easily gotten some things mixed up. Let me know if it works for you! :)

Madison

I've been looking into buying a new car for a few weeks now. I have a Chrysler Sebring, but it's 3000-odd miles away and doesn't do me a lot of good , plus the word on the street is that my dad kinda trashed it. He didn't drive it into a wall or anything, but he didn't keep it very clean, either.

I live in the heart of a city, so I really don't need a car, but I miss the autonomy it provides. I work at a company that depends entirely on the auto industry, also, so all I see everyday is cars, cars, cars.

I started by pining for a Volvo C70, Saab 9-3, or Nissan Z, but they're each $40,000 and I can't really afford that. I worked down the scale a bit and managed to price a 2006 Eclipse, Lancer EVO VIII, and WRX STi for about $30,000 each, but that's still a bit steep.

An RX8 was my next prize at $25000. Nope, that's still to expensive.

Oddly, the last thing I want is a Toyota Camry, they're much too boring.

That Scion tC looks fun, maybe I'll have to go test drive one. I can't imagine that it'll compare to my eight-million pound, forty foot long, six-cylinder Sebring though. Vroom. Also, it has a space for my iPod! Score.

cherrynegra

Madison said:
I've been looking into buying a new car for a few weeks now. I have a Chrysler Sebring, but it's 3000-odd miles away and doesn't do me a lot of good , plus the word on the street is that my dad kinda trashed it. He didn't drive it into a wall or anything, but he didn't keep it very clean, either.

I live in the heart of a city, so I really don't need a car, but I miss the autonomy it provides. I work at a company that depends entirely on the auto industry, also, so all I see everyday is cars, cars, cars.

I started by pining for a Volvo C70, Saab 9-3, or Nissan Z, but they're each $40,000 and I can't really afford that. I worked down the scale a bit and managed to price a 2006 Eclipse, Lancer EVO VIII, and WRX STi for about $30,000 each, but that's still a bit steep.

An RX8 was my next prize at $25000. Nope, that's still to expensive.

Oddly, the last thing I want is a Toyota Camry, they're much too boring.

That Scion tC looks fun, maybe I'll have to go test drive one. I can't imagine that it'll compare to my eight-million pound, forty foot long, six-cylinder Sebring though. Vroom. Also, it has a space for my iPod! Score.

Um.....you're talking about a car....right? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom