Aulani at 7 Months

dividedsky319

Original Poster
Contemplating going to Aulani for President's Week in Feb of 2020. Doing some research on airfare suggests that we should get our flights sooner rather than later.

However, I'd hate to book a flight then find out that it's a popular week and we're unable to get what we need (1BR).

Anyone know how availability typically is in February?

StarWarsGirl

February is typically low season for Hawaii and one bedrooms are the easiest to get. You should be fine, but I would wait on airfare if you can until you have your room.

dividedsky319

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! I'll wait until July to make any final decisions or purchase anything, I had no idea February would be considered a "low season"!

Matt and Kelly

We had no problems booking a studio with a standard view at 7 months. And we went during spring break. I guess the concern would be if you booked your flights they may not have that exact date for your arrival or departure. I would say hold off if you can to be on the safe side.

Beacon Joe

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if people have recent experience booking a DVC villa at Aulani at 7 months out. Anybody?

Any past experience about which types of DVC villas/views go fastest? The nicest but most expensive points-wise (ocean view) or the cheapest (parking lot)?

I hope to extend our vacation plans by using our points for a few days. But don't want to book flights unless I'm reasonably comfortable that we'll be able to get in at Aulani and preferably with an ocean view.

Also, how much parking is available there? Looks like a tiny lot based on aerial photos.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

"Hotel Rooms" and Studios go fast.

Standard view goes fast.

June goes fast. Holiday weekends go fast, just on the weekends.

Midsummer 1BR Ocean View, easy peasy.

There's plenty of self-parking but I think it's worth the splurge to valet park. The lot is kind of depressing and entering through the lobby is much more vacation-y.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Two years ago I got an ocean view studio July 1-10 at the 7 month window. Need to book online at 8 AM at the 7 month window.

Beacon Joe

There's plenty of self-parking but I think it's worth the splurge to valet park. The lot is kind of depressing and entering through the lobby is much more vacation-y.

Good point. But I'm originally from Oahu so parking and walking through depressing parking lots is part of the whole "going back home" experience for me. Don't tell Chapek or he'll start charging DVC members for self-parking and market it as "Da Kama'aina Experience +"

Speaking of that, what's the cockroach situation at Aulani? :D My only trepidation about going home is that I still have PTSD from those buggahs dive bombing me and hiding in my shoes.

CaptainAmerica

Good point. But I'm originally from Oahu so parking and walking through depressing parking lots is part of the whole "going back home" experience for me. Don't tell Chapek or he'll start charging DVC members for self-parking and market it as "Da Kama'aina Experience +"

Speaking of that, what's the cockroach situation at Aulani? :D My only trepidation about going home is that I still have PTSD from those buggahs dive bombing me and hiding in my shoes.
I've seen cats and mongoose but no roaches thankfully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom