August Role Call

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Hi, I have noticed many of us members going to WDW in aug and thought I would start an offical thread of who will be there when and where.

We are going Aug 13 to 22, at OKW. The 1st half of the trip will be myself and hubby with 2 year old DD. (yes little PhD is getting big and addicted to Ariel, AKA the little merrmaid.) The 2nd half of the trip BIL and SIL will be joining us. Our ten year wedding aniversay is Aug 14 so we hope to do something special then. This will be our 9th trip, but the 1st in the summer time. It will be SIL and BIL 3rd trip, but they haven't been in number of years.

So who else is going in Aug? There seems to be a bunch of us! We are not doing the fairy tale package, since we are DVC members and have annual passes this year, but that sure seems likea good deal.

See you there!!!!!

X-STech

I will be there August 29 - September 1 for the Labor Day weekend! We will be staying at The Beach Club Villas. I hope you have a nice 10 year wedding anniversary in Disney!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We arrive on the 11th for a few days @ the other place before heading to WDW on the 14th. Weve got a cabin at Fort Wilderness till 1st Sep. The 1st is our 19th anniversary,

monorail256

We are leaving August 2nd and will be returning home August 9th. Cant wait to use our annual pass on the 2nd and 3rd to ride Mission:Space. :D

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Pumbas Nakasak, Happy Aniversary to you too, wow 19 years!!!!

X-STech, you will love BCV, That is such a wonderful resort.

MSU, we are going home the day you get there!! I will wave on our way out!

I wonder how many people are making there trip during this month just because of the opening of MS, and how many for the fairy tale pakage. For us we just needed another excuse to get one more trip in this annual pass year, and have to go when Hubby is not teaching college for the summer. (and going somewhere on your 10th is a must, even it is to WDW with you 2 year old DD, I guess we can do Hawaii on our 20th! )

Wilt Dasney

I'm playing with the idea of going down for a week or two that month as a Casual Temp....that means I'd be spending most of my time in Bellhop Mode, instead of laying around the hotel pool, but you guys could say "howdy" while you're visiting the Tower.

Badger Brent

August 11th-18th offsite. We will be avoiding Epcot from the 15th on because of MS. It will still be there on our next trip. Can't get here soon enough though. We will be showing our 25 yr old niece and her 4 yr old daughter the ins and outs of wdw. This should be fun and a new angle for us.

WendyDarling

I'll be there July 1- August 10. :sohappy: I am going to be working though, but I'll still be there everyday. I don't know where I am staying yet, I'll figure that out when I get there.

GenerationX

We'll be there August 6th-12th. So, if you see a couple in their 30's with three young boys (wearing matching brightly colored shirts), you'll know it's us. Can't wait!

We are. We are:) :) :)

FairyTale Package at the Polynesian from Aug 10-17
DH, myself and DS15, DS13 and DS 11

then we are going to the Swan for Aug 17-19. Really wanted the dolphin buts its sold out for a convention,, we got the govt. rate and we are also going to sea world and universal (that is almost free with our hilton points for free universal tickets, yahoo.) Figure the swan looks awesome for the pool and water and beach volleyball and the pool is 24/7 and also basketball courts for the boys. How can you go wrong with that and DH is looking forward to checking out that heavenly bed and beating his friend with riding on MS. See you there and will write a long and detailed trip report. Have to start on my PS dining soon.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Pumbas Nakasak, Happy Aniversary to you too, wow 19 years!!!!

I wonder how many people are making there trip during this month just because of the opening of MS, and how many for the fairy tale pakage. )

thank you, yes if I commited murder Id be getting let out by now.

As for the timing, UK school holidays, premium rip off rates by the airlines.

Originally posted by GenerationX
We'll be there August 6th-12th. So, if you see a couple in their 30's with three young boys (wearing matching brightly colored shirts), you'll know it's us. Can't wait!

Just curious, did you request a certain longhouse? Look for my 3 DS who will probably be lining up waiting for the arcade challenge at Moana Mickeys LOL

GenerationX

marypopmom - my sons are 8, 6, and 4, so I doubt our sons will be competing for the same arcade games! :)

We booked the trip through the Disney Club last August. I requested the Tahiti longhouse and paid for a Lagoon view room. I believe Tahiti is the concierge longhouse now while Hawaii is under rehab. I know that longhouse requests are not guaranteed, and now the one I requested is more $ than the one I booked. We'll see where we end up.

I'm curious as to what they do for birthdays - my youngest son will be turning 4 while we're there, and I mentioned that when I booked the trip. I've also made PS for his birthday lunch (Akershus) and dinner (Chef Mickey's).

meanmice

I'll be at the all star music from july 29 to aug 4. it's my fourth trip, but my boyfriends first. I'm really trying to make this one special.

cindrelly31

I'm curious as to what they do for birthdays - my youngest son will be turning 4 while we're there, and I mentioned that when I booked the trip. I've also made PS for his birthday lunch (Akershus) and dinner (Chef Mickey's).

My BIL & SIL were there for their DD birthday in March and they got a cake at one of the restaurants. You might want to PM DisneyPhD to see how that occurred. My neice LOVED it. She is becoming quite the Mickey & Ariel fan. Now I just have to work on her for Cinderella (My fave!):king:

I hope you have a great trip. My BIL & SIL will be arriving on the 13th and we will join them on the 18th. It's been 5 1/2 yrs so I am looking forward to seeing all the new attractions1:cool: :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom