August Ride Line Times/Waiting

recrat

We are DVC members who usually go during Thanksgiving/Christmas. Due to scheduling issues we are going August 5th - 12th. I know what the books and charts say but I wanted to hear from people who actually go during this time period. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kristia

August 3-12th Girl Scout Troop 703 will be there! lol We can't wait! But don't worry we won't be one of those out of control tour groups, we actually will be breaking up in small groups. But if you do see a group of nearly 40 wearing St.Louis Cardinals tshirts...you'll know you've seen us!

I will keep my eye out for you!! Have a great time:sohappy:

Upvote 0

the_rich

i usually go the second week of august and its pretty slow because the schools in the south are back in session. you'll notice though that there are a lot of families from the u.k. . its also hot but not unbearable in my opinion. just drink alot of water and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

By the way, Dwarful, where abouts in Illinois are you? I'm in West-Central IL and go to U of I in Champaign.[/QUOTE]

We live in what many people call "Southern Illinois" but to us, 'Southern Illinois' is more like Metropolis/Carbondale. We live in Godfrey, which is across the Mississippi River from the St.Louis area.

Upvote 0

islesgirl

I'll be there for a long weekend August 10-13. A friend of mine used to be a CM and said that a lot of the southern schools are back in session so it is not as crowded, but it is incredibly hot. We plan on getting to the parks as soon as the open, staying till about 12 or 1 and then doing indoor things, have dinner and head back to the parks around 6pm. Take advantage of the night time EMH

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told many schools in the Southern states are back in session so that might account for slightly lower numbers of park goers especially during the week in August.:shrug:
I know some schools around here in the midwest start back as early as the 8th of August...with the majority starting on the 13th. So I bet that takes a chunk of people who won't then be going away.

Dwarful said:
August 3-12th Girl Scout Troop 703 will be there! lol We can't wait! But don't worry we won't be one of those out of control tour groups, we actually will be breaking up in small groups. But if you do see a group of nearly 40 wearing St.Louis Cardinals tshirts...you'll know you've seen us!

Whoot Whoot! Go Cards! :)lookaroun)

We live in what many people call "Southern Illinois" but to us, 'Southern Illinois' is more like Metropolis/Carbondale. We live in Godfrey, which is across the Mississippi River from the St.Louis area.

You are so near me, it's not even funny...except I'm over the river. :D

Upvote 0

mprice

Hi, I'll be there from August 9th 'till the 14th... Not really on topic, just interesting how many trips will overlap. We're from North Carolina and will be staying at the CBR, see ya around!

Upvote 0

Nebrfan

We were there from August 6-13 in 2005 and July 31- August 6 in 2006 to maximize use of an annual pass. We found the crowds the 2nd week of August to be great. Yes, it is very hot and humid, but it usually is about anywhere in the good ol' USA at that time. It's just that you're out and about more at the parks. Get up early and do the rides, etc. Take a break and swim or Disneyquest in the afternoon, and then go back to the parks in the evening. The first week of August is more crowded but still not bad. Use fastpass and get to the parks early. We were there from March 11-16 this year and found it more crowded than the first week of August. Regardless, you will still have a great time.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told many schools in the Southern states are back in session so that might account for slightly lower numbers of park goers especially during the week in August.:shrug:
Yes, school in the southern half of the U.S. usually starts back around mid-August.
:wave:

Upvote 0

RHeath2

Dwarful said:

Gotcha, you're about 3 hours or so south of me (Galesburg). I'd say you're Northern-Southern Illinois or Southern-Central (look at me go:ROFLOL: )

PS, sorry about the Cards getting hammered on tonight. 12-2 eeesh.

Back on topic, it looks like the Nebrfan is right according to the crowd calendar. Late July and the first 2-3 days of August rank in around 9 or so outta 10 and then they gradually scale down to 7 and 6. If anyone sees a tall skinny white kid decked out in University of Illinois stuff, it's probably me, so say hello!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom