Trip Report August Birthday Celebration

I've never done a trip report before so let's see how this goes.

Who: Rich(me) and Christina(sister and birthday girl)
When: Aug 23-27
Where: Boardwalk Inn

So, I asked my sister if she wanted a gift or a trip to Disney and she chose disney. We've never stayed at the boardwalk inn so we're excited to try something new.
The plan is to fly out of LGA and arrive in Orlando at 9am on the 23rd drop off our bags and head to MK. The next three day will be Epcot, HS(and Halloween party) and then AK.
This will be our second consecutive year going in late August and I hope the crowds are as light as last year. I'm excited to get there and also to do this trip report.

the_rich

Original Poster
Whoever said crowds were down lied lol. Big thunder said 45 mins and it was exactly 45 mins. Decided to buy genie+ while in line. Mickeys philharmagic was next for a little ac. Now a frozen lemonade from Joffrey's before pirates.

Attachments

• 16928110891008349265364541046446.jpg
    16928110891008349265364541046446.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 58

the_rich

Original Poster
Enjoy your vacation at WDW, and don't forget to drink extra water, while down there in the heat!
Yea, I thought I was doing good but I think I was a little dehydrated. I drank a frozen lemonade a little too quick and I felt nauseated and like I was gonna pass out. Sat for a few mins and drank some room temp water and felt better.

the_rich

Original Poster
Had a 230 resy at tonys town Square. I wanted to give them a chance since everyone said it's gotten better. Well, I can't imagine what it was like before if people are raving about it now. It was a step above olive garden(which as an Italian I consider the worst). The garlic bread was outstanding though. Chicken parm and Caesar salad were meh at best. We had good service though. Luckily we weren't too hungry so we shared the entree and it wasn't an expensive meal. Left the park to rest for a few hours before the emh. Made it back to the room just as the normal midday rain hit.
20230823_142544.jpg
20230823_144053.jpg
20230823_144057.jpg

the_rich

Original Poster
So, chickened out on tron at the last minute. My sister said I made a good move as I wouldve died on the ride lol. Did Peter Pan and Haunted mansion next. Ate decent food at cosmic rays and caught happily ever after. The stitch mousse was pretty good. Finishing off the night with under the sea and seven dwarves before epcot tomorrow.
20230823_204916.jpg

the_rich

Original Poster
So today was an eventful day. Started off by going on cosmic rewind. Wow, was that an intense ride. Great ride but it knocked me out of commission for a bit. I had to sit for about 15 mins before I went up the stairs. Then it took a good 90 mins for me to feel back to normal. Went on living with the land during that time and even that was a little much. Ate a snack from sunshine seasons and then headed on soarin. After that test track and then world showcase. Sister wanted to drink around the world but deemed it way to hot to drink that much.
1160731860_HIGH.jpg
1160931321_HIGH.jpg

the_rich

Original Poster
C wanted to complete emiles frommage montage so we ate alot of cheese. Shinnekudlen from germany, fried cheese from Greece, cheese bread from Brazil, passionfruit cheesecake from Hawaii and curry fried cheese from India. Most were very good but the cheese bread from Brazil was not as good as in the past. Too much cheese and not enough bread. C also got a frozen margarita, and a flight from Germany and Belgium. She enjoyed them all except for the prickly pear hefeweizen from germany and red delirium ale from Belgium. She thought they were too sweet, I'm not a drinker so I thought they were great lol. C got a beer from England and then we got our suprise for completing the montage. It was one of the better things we ate. Then we headed back to our room because the heat beat us up bad today. Currently waiting on room service.

the_rich

Original Poster
Got to hs today at 830 and made a beeline for rotr. Well, it was and still is down. It's a bummer because it's my favorite ride. So we headed for smugglers run and then shared a ronto wrap. I had gotten lighting lane for runaway railway and toy story mania so we did this next. C saw woodys lunchbox and had to try the grilled cheese, she love it. I got the totchos which were fantastic. Also had the sweet potato pop tart, it tasted like Thanksgiving. So delicious. C decided she didn't want to chance getting sick on rnr or tot so we headed back to the resort. C went for a swim while I made a beeline for the room and some ac. We have the Halloween party tonight so it's gonna be a late night.
20230825_102700.jpg

the_rich

Original Poster
C wanted to go
20230825_194534.jpg
20230825_194510.jpg
on space mountain so we split up so I could eat. I went to cosmic rays and she was back by the time I sat down with my food. I got the terryfin twice spice chicken sandwich and the zombie fingers. That sandwich was hands down the best thing I ate this trip. Spicy, sweet, cheesy and the chicken was juicy n crispy.

the_rich

Original Poster
Now for probably my most important mission of this whole trip. Get c a great view of the hocus pocus villains spelltacular. Hocus pocus has been her favorite movie since she was 5, she can recite it line for line. So we got in front of the castle at 8 and I decided to lean on a railing while she sat dead center in front of the castle. The show was absolutely amazing and c was extremely happy. We then moved to Walts statue and got a great seat for the parade and fireworks. Did some trick or treating then got half a dozen candy apples to bring home for mom. I don't like them but she loves them and says nobody makes them like disney.
20230825_200451.jpg
20230825_221554.jpg
20230825_221538.jpg

the_rich

Original Poster
So we rode river adventure first and then I needed to eat to minimize my motion sickness before for. I had a pongu lumpia which was great as usual and c had a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit that she liked. We headed onto fop and man does it deliver. We then headed to Kilimanjaro safaris. More animals were out than I've experienced before. C wanted to go to gorilla falls to get a better view of the hippos and see the gorillas. We got shaved ice with watermelon syrup and condensed milk before we
20230826_110811.jpg
hit kali rapids to cool off and got soaked, which felt great. We decided to leave and we were dry by the time we reached the buses.

Last edited:

the_rich

Original Poster
We originally had plans to eat at city works tonight but I found out they don't take disney gift cards. So we settled on raglan road instead. I'm so glad that we did. The atmosphere and the food were great. The Irish soda bread and oil n Guinness dipping sauce was amazing. The Dalkey duo app was very good. C got a beer flight which she liked. For our mains I got the sheperds pie which I really liked. C got the pot pie which was the best we've ever had. We then did a little shopping at world of Disney before heading in for our last night.
20230826_175404.jpg
20230826_180128.jpg
20230826_174928.jpg
20230826_182059.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom