Aug 18-29

Jason21783

I'll also be there this same week. We're entering the begining of hurricane season, so it's brutaly humid. As far as crowds go, its the summer, so expect crowds, but this is when it starts to slow down as local kids go back to school, so its better than most of June and July.

lpet11984

Not bad at all, actually- if you have patience and take advantage of FastPass, you'll be just fine. In some cases we didn't even need the FPs, the stand-by lines were shorter...just gotta check. The weather can be quite warm, but I didn't find it extremely oppressive. Make sure to drink lots of water and step into the air conditioning whenever you need a break.

jcc0621

We will also be there this same week. We were there last August from the 11th - 26th and the 2nd week was much less crowded than the 1st week. We only had a 20 minute wait for Astro Orbiter and a 15 Minute:veryconfu wait for the Speedway. FAst passed Buzz lightyear, Pooh, and Peter Pan. We didn't do the biggies (our son is only 3), but when passing them, I saw a 30 minute standby wait for Space Mountain and only a 40 minute wait for Splash Mountain. Overall, not long waits at all. Definitely take advantage of fast passes. :wave:

yazmin182

We went from Aug.24-30 last year. I don't think I would do it again. It was still fun but the heat was really tiring and uncomfortable. There were some waits as others have mentioned, in the morning some rides were walk-on but it got pretty busy after that.

If you can handle the heat then go for it, but for me, i'd rather go at a different time and avoid the heat. Although the water parks were great during that week!

disneyfan56

We usually go in August, and really it's not that different from summer in other states. There's usually an afternoon shower- so maybe plan for late luches and just go with it.

Craig & Lisa

We have also been there in Aug., it can get very warm and humid, but the AC in the buildings brings great relief. So I have a question about the last week of June and the first week of July? Crowds and temps, please? This is the first at this time of year, so we are going no matter what, but I just need to have an idea. Thanks. :D :sohappy: Next trip April, CAN'T WAIT!!!!

disneyfan56

I've found June & July to be more crowded than August- but that's just been my experiences. Hot is hot- whether June or August.

Cindyrella

We're planning to go Aug 17-26. We'll probably get up for park openings and be out of the parks by noon to swim and rest. I'm hoping to take advantage of EMH that week. We get to WDW fairly often so there isn't any pressure to see everything.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The crowds are massive. Its really really busy, Id advise that you tell everyone you know to avoid going and making the situation worse.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We were there August 1 - 22 2006. the crowds were less than we expected considering that its school hols (esp in the UK). The weather was hot and there was the constant threat of storms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom