Auditions for CP Program

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone that has auditioned for the CP program could offer some info, suggestions or advise.

A student of mine from way back is a choreographer for AK and she emailed me to say she will be in our area to hold auditions for the CP program and some full time positions.

Do you think since she deals specifically with performers, that she will be auditioning for this type of positions?

I have a few students that are interested in auditioning - when we perform for Magic Music Days, we always schedule a workshop with the Disney performers and they cover some audition tips but I thought I could get some feedback from anyone that has already gone through the audition.

Thanks for your help!

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Just thought I'd bring this back up - hopefully someone will see it and have some info - thanks!

Wilt Dasney

By "auditions," I'm going to assume you mean a WDWCP presentation, unless your old student is doing something a little different than what I'm familiar with.

If your old student is a recruiter for the CP, then she will be giving a presentation for the program as a whole, not one specific area of it, and the main thing any prospective CP's need to prepare for is the interview.

Anyone interviewing for the CP should just keep the same basic tips in mind that they would use for any other interview situation: Dress professionally, maintain eye contact and good posture, show enthusiasm for the position, and just stay calm and be themselves. I'm not the world's greatest at being interviewed, but I aced mine 2 years ago with that basic formula.

Good luck to all your students. :)

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Thanks Wilt! She isn't normally involved with the CP Program as she has her hands full with choreography - she did the Tarzan Rocks show and the parade in AK - she was a performer for many years, the Kids of the Kingdom and the Barbie show were two of the things she did way back!

I called her to get more info but haven't heard back yet - thanks again!

Atta83

Well there are two different thigns to try out for. One is just your standard operations like food, custodial, mechandise, attractions... The other one is entertainment. I audtioned for entertainment on my cp program is that what you were asking???

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Originally posted by Atta83
Well there are two different thigns to try out for. One is just your standard operations like food, custodial, mechandise, attractions... The other one is entertainment. I audtioned for entertainment on my cp program is that what you were asking???

Actually, I was wondering if since Gina worked with Entertainment, if she would be auditioning performers - so they do have seperate auditions. That definitely makes a difference on what they bring with them - i.e. dance clothes, tap shoes, etc.
I'll have to try to get ahold of her again or just have the kids be prepared for anything!

Atta83

It just basically for entertainment auditons just comfortable dancing clothing and comfortable dancing shoes. They do not need tap shoes or ballet slippers. They also should be prepared to learn a two minute dance in 20 min. It starts off easy then it gets a little bit harder. Also, just let your self go dont hold back. LOL Good Luck, what is the choreographers name you know???

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Her name is Gina Puglese, she's very short with dark hair and a very bubbly personality (go figure, right!). She's been at WDW for a long time and absolutely loves it - do you know her?

Atta83

I think i know who you are talking about. She has long brown hair kind of curly (well the last time I saw her.) . So yeah if that is the person you are talking about I have seen her before but do not know her personaly.

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
Originally posted by Atta83
I perform at all 4 parks..

That's awesome - how long have you been a CM?
Another of my students was in the Beauty and the Beast show a few years back - she's in NYC now in the Producers but she loved being a part of Disney magic.
Although NYC shows definitely pay better!!

Atta83

I was on the CP program last year, but now i am seasonal with the company. I could of gotten trained to do some shows and such but I thought i was leaving soon and it was too late to sign up when i stayed....o well this year is going to be my year! :)

MsSnuzi

Original Poster
That's great that you were able to transition from CP to CM - I believe it will be your year, sounds like you have that Disney spunk - in the workshop, the dancers that were teaching the kids told them they were looking for "Disney Cheese" so now in class if someone isn't giving it their best effort, the kids will say - no Disney cheese there!

Atta83

That is so true! You have to look big and cheesy and have that cheesey smile and such. LOL but its fun no one in the street knows who you are...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom