Attractions Open Seasonally

Thrill

Original Poster
Attractions Opened Seasonally

Yesterday a friend and I were having a discussion about seasonal attractions. We were wondering if any attractions have remained open after being "open seasonally" other than the Carousel of Progress. The only other seasonal attractions that we thought of were The Timekeeper, Wonders of Life, and Horizons.

Not counting holiday overlays, what attractions were considered to be open seasonally?

RAXIP

Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey. Havent seen it open for a while.

Sounds Dangerous was open in December, the last week of March & first week of April (Spring Break) and is currently open for the next three weeks (while Muppets is closed)

Master Gracey 5

I know there are a lot more restaurants/eateries that are seasonal than rides, but I think you've hit most of them right there. Tom Sawyer Island isn't always open, but that's more weather related I think.

Master Gracey 5

I think it must be the most pathetic attraction at disney. :lol:

Its certainly a relic from the days when Drew Carey had not one, but two shows on prime time TV that were actually enjoyable. I personally thought the old sound stage where they picked audience members to make the sound effects was a better attraction, but probably required a lot more upkeep and involvement than it was worth.

Thrill

Original Poster
Horizons was opened seasonally??????? Really????

It closed in 1994 and was re-opened in 1995 for crowd control, which is essentially the purpose of seasonal attractions. I don't think it closed again until 1999, so it was somewhat opened seasonally. XD

Oddysey

It closed in 1994 and was re-opened in 1995 for crowd control, which is essentially the purpose of seasonal attractions. I don't think it closed again until 1999, so it was somewhat opened seasonally. XD

Same with Wonders of Life. Last time I rode BW and watched CC was during a seasonal opening in December of 2006.

drossjr

Ahh okay, I had a gap in time where I didnt make it to the world. It was open when I was their in 1997 but the next time I came back was in 2001 and then the time after that was 2006,2007,2008,2009 and soon 2010

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom